Need some opinions!!

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ALfiremedic1, Aug 3, 2013.

1. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I currently own an HK USP and I really like the feel, fit, and it carries very well. I have an opportunity to trade or for a sig 229 with night sites. I've really had an itch for a sig, but I'm more worried about which one is going to be the "better" gun in the long run. They are both quality, and expensive. I just need an opinion.

2. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

That's a tough one. It would really be up to your personal preference though. I own both and like both. Have you tried the Sig to weigh the differences to make a sound decision with no regrets?

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'm not seeing a lot of advantages to giving up a sure

thing for a maybe. Both are quality, but IMO, HK is

better. Have you tried "Glow-on" on the HK sights?

Prime with a dab of flat white, and when it dries,

use the Strontium paint on it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  4. ALfiremedic1

ALfiremedic1 New Member

I've really heard alot of good things about both, but I know sigs can be temperamental. The USP really has a good rep and is really really soundly made. I'm just stuck.

5. fordracing

fordracing Member

I think the 229 is a carry version of the 226. They are both great brands. I recommend trying to own both.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I do not really care for the 229. Grip is too short. USP is a very good pistol. The most accurate service .40 I have ever fired. WTS, the USP is a bit top heavy and follow up shots are slightly slower than the Sig

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Why not buy a Sig.
    One cannot have enough quality firearms.

8. JackieBrown13

JackieBrown13 New Member

Keep it. If not, you will miss it. Buy a sig down the road when you can

9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Aaaand /thread. But really, unless youre dying to try something new or just want a change of pace (something im guilty of doing regularly). Keep what you have

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      30 KB
      Views:
  11. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

German perfection......

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
  12. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I have to agree with you, you can't have enough guns.

13. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

As for my opinion, SIG p229s are relatively available. Why not save up and buy one so you can own them both. I love my P229 but I don't have the biggest hands. It's suits my grip perfectly. And it's never failed not once yet.

14. aldematt57

aldematt57 New Member

Sig makes a great gun. The P-229 and it's SA-DA is reliable and über safe. I have the 226 Combat, the P250 and the P232. All three are excellent firearms.

15. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

HK makes a hell of a pistol but they seem pricey for what you get to me. So I'd have a Sig over one any day. The trade? I guess it depends on how the terms are....

16. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Cannot be perfect, it shoots .40 S&W. :p

17. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

What he said.

18. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

Unless you're changing calibers I'm not sure what you have to gain from this other than getting to shoot something new to you. They're both good firearms of similar value, I'd stick with the HK.

19. brokedick90

brokedick90 New Member

I have shot both and own sigs. I love both guns but I prefer the ergonomics of a sig as well as the recoil management if the sig. I think it really is a preference thing, what fits your hand better. I know my sigs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

20. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

OOC, can you swap the caliber on a USP? To me that was a factor when I considered my SIG. I haven't purchased a conversion kit yet but when I do (9mm, .357sig, .40 s&w or .22) I will be shipped directly to me no FFL transfer needed and (since I live in NJ) no p2p needed either.

So that's pretty sweet.