Need some opinions on this trade offer.

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by AdamSean, Feb 21, 2013.

1. AdamSean

AdamSean New Member

I have a Glock 36 with 3 magazines. I am wanting a good ppcket gun and have been offered a Kahr P380 with night sights and 3 magazines. The value is about the same so logic tells me its a good trade. I like the Glock be ause I am a Glock guy, but I really want a different model Glock for general use. The Kahr seems like a quality pocket pistol, but how is the reliability? I have heard they are twitchy in the beginning, but after a couple hundred rounds they are superb. Is this correct? If you were looking for the same thing I am, would you take the trade?

2. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I have no experience with the Kahr P380, but did have a PM9 that was a good reliable gun. I read the same things about them being quirky but mine was rock solid right out of the box. I sold it because I just could not get used to the size of the grip, just too small for me. I don't think it's a bad trade, but you could sell that G36 and buy a Ruger LCP and still have some cash in your pocket. Not sure if the PM380 is that much better of a gun than the LCP, other than it having actual sights. I don't do a lot of aiming with my 380, mostly just pointing.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Never owned a Kahr but money wise its a pretty fair trade for both parties :)

4. neilshupak55

neilshupak55 New Member

my experience with the kahr has been poor to really poor...been back to kahr and is going back again...for the $ it should work out of the box....not mine....can not wait till I get rid of it. gun store offered me 350...half off....find another

5. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Sounds like a good deal to me!

What do you guys think about an unfired bersa thunder. 380 with a holster and 50 rounds for $250?