Need some help

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by hnealg, Mar 15, 2011.

1. hnealg

hnealg New Member

My son was shooting my Delton DTI-4 yesterday and he had some feed problems which left dents in the brass (see pix) I've had no problems when I shoot.

Any idea what was going on? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Not fully mastering the AR, I have not experienced that before. There are some experts here who will be able to tell you exactly whats goin on.

3. hnealg

hnealg New Member

I too am fairly new at this, that's why I'm asking--there's surely some expert out there who will lead us newbies in the right direction

4. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

My .223 did this the first time i took it to the range. mine is a bolt action so it may be a diffrent reson then yours but mine did it because it started to double feed but i pushed it closed and the bolt dented the second round that was trying to push up, ill i did was reseat the rounds in the mag better and i didnt have any more problems, try switching your mags out.

Attached Files:

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Any time there's a FTF you have to suspect the magazine. Try others and see what happens.

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

prolly the mag raising the follower and bullets at the wrong angle so the bolt is slapping the case of the next round in line. try a different mag.

7. hnealg

hnealg New Member

I think Quentin & Deathkricket might just have something. When he showed me the rounds, I took the gun, tapped the mag and fired off 5-6 rounds without a hitch. This was a new mag and he very well may not have seated in completely. (This was only the second time he'd ever shot an AR, and the first time was 4-5 yrs ago)

Thanks!