need some help please

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by marlin-owner, Jan 2, 2011.

1. marlin-owner

marlin-owner New Member

i have a double barrel muzzle loader shotgun from the mid to late 1800's the stock has been broken completely off... :mad: there are no markings on the gun whatsoever except for a N and a star above it and what looks like some sort odd shaped stamp in the barrel. does anyone know where i can find another one? the shotgun can not be fired but would be a nice wall piece if complete. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

My friend has several double barrel shotguns from the black powder days that use a 2 1/2" cartridge & I am sure he'd love to sell them. The gun would still have to be transferred through an FFL on your end...

3. TheMrMitch

TheMrMitch New Member

4. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Need pics with good clear closeups of all the markings. Your best bet tho is if you have the old stock is having it repaired or having one of the gun builders make you another one. There were thousands upon thousands of muzzle loading shotguns imported during that time. A lot aren't even identifiable as to who made it.

5. marlin-owner

marlin-owner New Member

there are pretty much no markings on the shotgun. ill try to get a pic of the marking but it is very very small. you need a magnifying glass to see. ill check into some local gunsmiths too

6. Hawg

Hawg New Member

Set your camera for macro pics and they'll show up very well. Also look under the barrels for markings if you haven't already.