Need some help older Colt

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Mar 7, 2016.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I took this in on trade and to be quite honest I was going to keep it but I need to move some stuff in my shop and I have searched Gunbroker and others and I cannot find one exact and in this condition to even offer up a price . I want to be fair because I dont price gouge people in my shop and as stated its well used . I prefer to have them come back happy and buy other things . Its well used for sure , I was told this one was a California Highway patrol trade in but I cannot confirm that . Just looking for a fair honest price to unload it and keep my small shop moving .
    Heres a few pics , it is the older gray colored upper and lower which leads me to believe late 80s early 90s . Colt upper, barrel, carrier, bolt, CH . The upper does have alot of wear on the top of the handle , it looks like it has ridden in a mount of some sort and rubbed it pretty good on its left side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I can not tell ya much about it, other than I like it.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I like it also , but I already have a 20" with a Shilen match barrel that its dead nutz accurate , however its not a Colt :( and I would like to turn it and add a few other things in my shop

4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Havoc

Since it is an H-Bar and not an SP-1 my thought would be $500-Tops $600. It seems to be in fair shape but surely has been used. However, I would check or have someone check the Head Space and Throat Erosion in the Chamber before I sold it or sell as is! *With signed acknowledgement. If it does have excessive Throat Erosion from prolonged use if it would have a serious event someone in this day an age might take issue.
    Only my thoughts!:)

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Certainly plan on doing this before turning it loose, Its in fair shape and I was going to ask $650 for it so Im not to far out . Seems as the ones on GB are way higher than Id be willing to pay for a used one . I did change the gas rings , Im not even sure how it operated because they were at the end of their life cycle also

I did finally get some info on it from Colt, Built in Nov of 94 . Original Sporter HBAR

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016