Need some 22/45 help PLEASE

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by CourtJester, Sep 15, 2010.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Okay. I have three hand guns; a S&W 9mm, a 410/45 Judge, and a Ruger 22/45. I'm going for the CCW class/test this weekend and went shooting to test two of them.

The S&W is about as accurate as a three year old with a sling shot. The 22/45 on the other hand will hit 10 out of 10 shots on a 9" target at 15 yards (required in the test) and 25 yards off a bench as well. I stretched it out and got 7 out of ten at 45 yards.

Anyway, I got home and started to cleaning it and ran through it all. I got it reassembled and now it sticks with the slide bolt pulled all the way out. I don't have to push the bolt stop up for tghe bolt it to stick all the way out and if starts sticking at about 50% of the slide.

To get it to hold open all I have to do is just let go of it after it's been pulled all the way open.

I've disassembled and reassembled the damn thing at least 10 times in a row and I can't figure out the fuquing dysfunction. Help???? Please???? I'll give ya a dollar...

They wont let me shoot The Judge when it's strongest and with the 45's it's about effen worthless and I would do better by just throwing the damn S&W at the target past 10 yards so I need this damn thing working right.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  2. CourtJester

3. CourtJester

Come on.. A dollar....

4. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Do they make an IWB holster for an 870 Remington?

5. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Jester,

Your write up is extreamly hard to read and understand. Please re-write it and maybe we can help you. If you don't know the proper word for a part, I have no idea what a "Bold Hold Latch" is, you can go to google and research a schematic of your weapon and that will help. Right now I have no idea what you are trying to say other than you can't get your weapon to work right. BTW I have a few S&W weapons and find them very accurate and easy to shoot. What model do you have maybe I can help you with that one. I've been a firearms instructor for a couple of years.

Scubie

ps. if this was a joke I take it all back.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

I am going out on a limb thinking the OP had a problem with the reassembly of a Ruger 22/45. See below...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPN87hRgbE"]YouTube - Ruger MK III Disassembly / Assembly[/ame]

7. CourtJester

Outstanding. Thanks for the video.
    And yeah, that was a little tough to read. I got a little peeved after fooling with it and broke into the rum before trying to post.