Need practice n teaching...

Discussion in 'Florida Gun Forum' started by armed1212, Sep 28, 2012.

1. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

So I live in south fl, broward. I been trying to find a good place to practice/train. Ive been shooting since I was a kid with my dad, mostly handguns. I bought my first ar a few months ago n have been tryin to self teach myself. I always thought my father would be around to teach n train me since he was such a big gun enthusiast but a few yr ago he pass due to a heart attack at da age of 54. It sucks not to have that person to help n just be dad to u . Da problem is Im fare from rich n couldnt afford to pay a trainer. What sould I do ??? Any Advice ? Thanks

2. shaker

shaker New Member

I'm in broward as well. I live in dania pm me if your interested I can teach you alot

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm in in your area and would be glad to work with you.

PM me and we can go wad up some paper targets.

4. shaker

shaker New Member

Why don't all three of us get together then and go shoot somewhere.

5. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Not a bad idea, only thing that sucks down here is there no where to shoot rifle. Unless markem park which I do hate. I got kick out before I even started. My wife left a mag in her pistol n the ro made us all leave. I was our first time there every other range ive gone to did not have a problem as long as its no on u. Go fig

6. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

In its box not racked and safety on. I think we were ok...

7. shaker

shaker New Member

I like bass pro or national for rifles. I also hate markham park.

8. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Yea but u gotta us frang ammo, to expense. I go to a place in palm beach that lets u shoot fmj. Shoot st8

9. shaker

shaker New Member

National in pompano you can use whatever you want. Bass pro you can only use brass

10. shaker

shaker New Member

You don't want to be shooting fmj or anything else out of your ar15 anyways

11. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

But it has to frangible ammo, which is pretty costly. Last time I ask at both places.

12. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

Bass pro in dania it has to be hollow point brass cased rifle ammunition. No fmj, I've shot a 30-30 there. And the markham park RO's are sticklers but when you get to know em after shooting there a couple times they can be cool. They are that way because I've seen idiots shoot after he called a halt or people handle firearms while folks are down range it's all about safety to them.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

It seems very busy there, I checked it out this weekend. Mit try it one of these days

14. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

Are you talking about bass pro? If so yea it gets busy on the weekends I usually go during the week and there's only 1-3 shooters there with me. And if your talking about markham they usually have a good amount of lanes open since they usually only fill up on the weekends.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  15. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Bass pro. They busy on weekend. I make da ride up north to shoot str8 in palm beach