Need parts and suggestions where to buy?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Powersportgiant, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

I need to get some parts to complete my build guys and not sure where a good place to get them is and any suggestions on upgraded items and such. Here is what I need: buffer, buffer spring, buffer tube, castle nut, end plate.

I have the lower and the LPK and a stock, hopefully I am not missing anything, if I am, please let me know.

Thanks ahead !

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Joebobsoutfitters.com, Midway USA, Brownells are places that I have had good results with. Check out the vendor listing here at ftf. Not sure what kind of optics or sights you plan on but a good set of BUIS would help. Also, what upper are you going with? A BCG or charging handle upgrade might be in order. Don't forget mags.

3. Powersportgiant

4. Powersportgiant

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a DD complete upper w/ an Eotech and Troy BUIS. I have the factory DD BCG , should I upgrade?

5. X-mark

X-mark New Member

I thought I had one LMT RE left...really had two, but now have one...just sold one.

6. X-mark

X-mark New Member

No need to upgrade anything.

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Agreed...Troy and DD are top shelf without having to pay LaRue prices.

8. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Check out exilemachine.net
    Cheap prices and reasonable shipping fees.

9. X-mark

X-mark New Member

FTF members save 5% with coupon code, "FT5" and for the foreseeable future, shipping is FREE for ALL orders.

LMT and VLTOR makes some of the best components out there.

10. Powersportgiant

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Check out exilemachine.net then

12. Powersportgiant

Browsed around a bit, difficult site to navigate.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Lol. It was easy to me tho

14. X-mark

X-mark New Member

I will be getting 50 Spike's Carbine Buffer Tube Assembly kits hopefully within the month. My regular price is $61.50 with free shipping, but with the forum discount, it ends up being $58.43. Until those arrive, The LMT Receiver Extension paired with either LMT buffer and spring, or VLTOR buffer kit, is all I have left. If you have never heard of either company, LMT has been a long time military contractor and when it comes to mil-spec, they are up there with Colt. VLTOR makes one of the strongest forged upper receivers, the MUR. They also make the popular monolithic VIS upper receiver. In addition, they have worked with BCM to develop the BCM GUNFIGHTER Charging Handle, as well as Noveske, to develop the KEYMOD system, which is used in the new Noveske NSR Rails and the soon to be released VLTOR VIS Monolithic KEYMOD system. Spike's is a great company and I sell a lot of their stuff, but know that there are available quality options. The Spike's ST-T2 buffer is a heavy buffer, which most uppers may not need. Spike's uppers tend to be over-gassed, so the ST-T2 helps to keep their uppers reliable. This is why when you buy a Spike's upper, it comes with an ST-T2 buffer.

15. X-mark

X-mark New Member

16. Powersportgiant

Please let us know when you get these in. I'll
    Take a couple.

17. X-mark

X-mark New Member

18. Powersportgiant