Need opinions

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by JolietGunner, May 5, 2013.

1. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

I was wondering everyones thoughts on High Points.I have a very limited budget to buy my first gun.And Ive just seen there pretty cheap so...

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I have never had a single problem out of my .45 JHP :)

I have heard of feeding problems with the .40 and 9mm, but I have never used one.
    Lifetime warranty!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2013

3. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

I have the HI Point .45 myself, but I bought it as a novelty. For your first gun, I would save up and buy something much better. I keep mine in my boat just in case, and if I need an extra anchor in an emergency, the HI point .45 would do good!

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

I've never used them, but if you save just a couple hundred dollars more you can get a good quality, proven, gun. If you find one used you'll get an even better deal. I'm thinking a S&W M&P or a Glock or an XD of some sort. You should be able to find anyone of those for around $500.

5. MisterMcCool

You can pay more for a better gun. But a hi-point is under $200 new. I have better guns in the safe, but I won't be kicking myself too hard if I butter finger a high point on the boat and drop it in the lake.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  6. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

They go bang when you pull the trigger. I've used the 9mm, 40, and 45 with no problems.

They aren't pretty - but they seem very reliable and economical.

7. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

They are worth the little money you will pay. AAANNNDDD, their customer service is impeccable. I keep one in 9mm in the toolbox of my farm truck with a bix of cheap ammo. It has eaten any ammo i have fed it, i abuse it and it doesnt complain.

There are better options out tgere. No doubt. You wont win any beauty contests and you wont score many thumbs up at the range. But if its a hi-point or no gun at all. Get it. Move up from there

8. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Good gun dood. Bang for buck is in bottom of top tier.

9. therewolf

therewolf New Member

The carbines are win-win-win:

Win 1-at @275-325$, a great value for the money,

with built in rails, tools, and sling included.

Win 2-Built right here in the USA.:)

Win 3- Customer Service which makes most custom

gun makers green with envy. The "Forever Warranty"

means if you buy it from Mary, who bought it from

Paul, then it gets run over by a truck, they will fix it.

10. towboater

towboater Active Member

Didja eat that possum?

11. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

It's a good gun I had several c9s. Never had one problem. They just aren't very good eye candy lol

12. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

Thanks for all your input.I just wanted to know if its a decent gun could care less about looks right now.

13. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

I really want a revolver.But having trouble finding one in my budget.

14. MisterMcCool

No. I just took it to the wood line and tossed it. I had trouble with them bothering my son's cat at night and stealing the cat food. I put a light on the porch and they keep away now.

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

16. readygirl

readygirl New Member

We used to sell them at the shop, here's what i can tell you. Most problems were with the 9mm versions, the .40, and.45 had almost no problems/returns. maybe they need the xtra power to cycle properly, im not sure. But i can tell you their customer service goes above and beyond... And if you send them the gun , with them mag due to a malfunction problem, they will fine tune it. When you get it back it will run like a champ... We still sell the carbines ..they are a hot item, cant keep them in stock, with no problems/returns...

17. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I really want one of their carbines. Think I'm going to get a 40 in both the handgun and carbine.

What call do you sell more of in the carbines?

18. readygirl

readygirl New Member

50%-9mm / 25%-.40 / 25%-.45. We sell them $299 bare bones, $329 with the red dot scope, and flash supressor. Also sell a lot of xtra mags for them, alot of problems with the 15rnd promags, but the 30rnd tapco's seem to work fine. I just bought 5 xtra 10rnd factory mags. They just take a few seconds to switch out, and always work perfectly.

Attached Files:

19. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

But isnt .40 ammo harder to find than 9mm?

20. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Totally depends on demographic and store supplies man. My experience, is actually opposite.