Firearms Talk banner

Need opinions

4K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  dr_psych 
#1 ·
I was wondering everyones thoughts on High Points.I have a very limited budget to buy my first gun.And Ive just seen there pretty cheap so...

#3 ·
I have the HI Point .45 myself, but I bought it as a novelty. For your first gun, I would save up and buy something much better. I keep mine in my boat just in case, and if I need an extra anchor in an emergency, the HI point .45 would do good!

#4 ·
I've never used them, but if you save just a couple hundred dollars more you can get a good quality, proven, gun. If you find one used you'll get an even better deal. I'm thinking a S&W M&P or a Glock or an XD of some sort. You should be able to find anyone of those for around $500.

#7 ·
They are worth the little money you will pay. AAANNNDDD, their customer service is impeccable. I keep one in 9mm in the toolbox of my farm truck with a bix of cheap ammo. It has eaten any ammo i have fed it, i abuse it and it doesnt complain.

There are better options out tgere. No doubt. You wont win any beauty contests and you wont score many thumbs up at the range. But if its a hi-point or no gun at all. Get it. Move up from there

#9 ·
The carbines are win-win-win:

Win 1-at @275-325$, a great value for the money,

with built in rails, tools, and sling included.

Win 2-Built right here in the USA.:)

Win 3- Customer Service which makes most custom

gun makers green with envy. The "Forever Warranty"

means if you buy it from Mary, who bought it from

Paul, then it gets run over by a truck, they will fix it.

#15 ·
#16 ·
We used to sell them at the shop, here's what i can tell you. Most problems were with the 9mm versions, the .40, and.45 had almost no problems/returns. maybe they need the xtra power to cycle properly, im not sure. But i can tell you their customer service goes above and beyond... And if you send them the gun , with them mag due to a malfunction problem, they will fine tune it. When you get it back it will run like a champ... We still sell the carbines ..they are a hot item, cant keep them in stock, with no problems/returns...

#17 ·
We used to sell them at the shop, here's what i can tell you. Most problems were with the 9mm versions, the .40, and.45 had almost no problems/returns. maybe they need the xtra power to cycle properly, im not sure. But i can tell you their customer service goes above and beyond... And if you send them the gun , with them mag due to a malfunction problem, they will fine tune it. When you get it back it will run like a champ... We still sell the carbines ..they are a hot item, cant keep them in stock, with no problems/returns...
I really want one of their carbines. Think I'm going to get a 40 in both the handgun and carbine.

What call do you sell more of in the carbines?

#18 ·
I really want one of their carbines. Think I'm going to get a 40 in both the handgun and carbine.

What call do you sell more of in the carbines?
50%-9mm / 25%-.40 / 25%-.45. We sell them $299 bare bones, $329 with the red dot scope, and flash supressor. Also sell a lot of xtra mags for them, alot of problems with the 15rnd promags, but the 30rnd tapco's seem to work fine. I just bought 5 xtra 10rnd factory mags. They just take a few seconds to switch out, and always work perfectly.

Attachments

#19 ·
readygirl said:
But isnt .40 ammo harder to find than 9mm?

#26 ·
In Oklahoma it has been easier to find .40 and .45 for most of the crunch than it has been to find 9mm. This has only changed in the past few weeks where I am seeing more 9mm.

What would be your plan for this gun? Is it for home defense? carry gun? range gun? just a get to know guns gun?

My sister has a hi point in 9mm. It has had a few feed problems but not too bad. The only thing I will say is don't drop the gun because it seems that the sights break off rather easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.