need opinions....

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by niteglock, Sep 4, 2012.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Too much....????

Attached Files:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looks good to me. I can see me using everything on there in one trip to the range. Shooting from the hip @ 25 yards. Red dot/ reflex @ 50 yards. Magnifier @ 100 and bipod beyond that.

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Looks fine. Dont add anything else unless its more ammo.

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Thanks. I was mainly asking that because its just a .22.

And also, is the red dot too far forward on the rail. And how close should the magnifier be mounted to the red dot?

5. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Your optics should mate. And center the red dot on the reciever....put the rifle up to your shoulder and lean your head forward..you should be able to touch your optic with your nose.

6. NativH

NativH New Member

Not sure what you are talking about. Too much? Depends.:D As far as the mag touching the red dot, ??? Hasn't proved to be a problem out to 300 yards on mine but always willing to learn new and different things. Beyond 300, the AR10 comes out to play.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  7. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Too much what? I'd say not enough, where's the light and laser. Mine's a combo unit. Was looking at 4 power scopes for mine, you have given me an idea that a magnifier might be better.

Thanks
    Jim

[​IMG]

8. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I'd say way too much. How much does it weigh?

9. bigjim

bigjim New Member

A little over 8 lbs. These are plastic guns, mine's a carbon fiber C-15 it started out at 5.6 lbs.

Sorry Niteglock, I just noticed your laser on the left side, good job by the way.

Have fun with it.
    Jim

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A 1-4X scope with an illuminated reticle is a lot simpler.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Where's the raccon tail and mudflaps????:D:D:D

12. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

LOL, oh my LORD. You added 2 1/2 lbs.? I hope you never have to lug it anywhere. Do you have a dolly for it?

13. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Its not THAT bad. Its only a .22 so there's not that much weight. With the 35 round mag it weighs in at 9.3lbs. Its not a SHTF gun. Just a have fun with gun. I'm probably gonna take off the magnifier for now because the mount really sucks. The magnifier is awesome but the mount won't stay still. The red dot is good also.

14. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe New Member

I miss the good ole days when people shot M16s - and their many variants - with iron sights.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

9.3 pounds is 9.3 pounds. Caliber doesn't matter.

16. Centurian22

Centurian22 New Member

I beg to differ. Caliber and weight have a very intimate relationship commonly referred to as Recoil. Lol but I agree IF you have to carry the weapon for any length of time every pound counts.

To the OP: it's a little bit 'gaudy' for my taste but I am also a sucker for 'tacticool' especially in the economic .22lr. How much $$$ do you have invested in that conglomeration if I may ask?