need night sights!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jackal6, Nov 3, 2012.

1. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

im picking up my 1911 on the 12th and i really want to be able to it some night sights but im not sure what to go with please help :)

2. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Why not just purchase one with a factory set? Anyways... What 1911 did you purchase?

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I like Trijicon or Heine. Meprolite are good too.

4. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

I got a kimber custom ii its there cheapest model I'm paying 800 out the door for it I figured it would be cheaper to just buy the sights seperate

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Just be careful when removing and installing the rear sight. The PITA that is the Schwartz safety has a pin and hole under the rear sight. You don't want to lose the parts.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish, if you don't know what you're doing you will regret not getting the night-sights on the new gun!

If you insist on installing them yourself......go Trijicon. < that's a period!

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

and if you don't feel comfortable or have the proper tools to replace them, let a competent gunsmith do it. the money spent is worth it in the long run.

8. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

I dnt plan on doing it myself I don't have the tools or know how to do it on my own tho I plan on learning, so trijicon has most everyones vote? Any specific models

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Trijicons! yes. i have them on a couple of my pistols and they work great and IMO worth the price paid for them.

10. RobertsDefense

RobertsDefense New Member

Heine are very nice, Novak is another solid brand, I use Warren Tactical on my guns and love them. Trijicon puts their lamps in a lot of aftermarket sights so there are a ton of 1911 options out there, most should serve you vey well.

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

trijicon all day long!

12. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What kind of 1911 do you have? How they are attached to the gun will dictate what is available for your particular model.

13. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

I have a kimber custom ii

14. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Personally I'd go mepro but that's just me.

15. MrWray

MrWray New Member

meprolites are good too, my 1911 has a narrow tenon rear sight and a stake on front so the trijicons were the best for my model.