Need New CCW

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by texaswoodworker, Aug 25, 2013.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I need a new CCW, and was wondering what you guys think.

I can't decide if I want a 2.7 mm Kolibri, or a 500 S&W Magnum.

Also, what ever gun I get MUST hold more than 50 rounds. Anything else will get you killed!

Finally, can I get these options in a 1911 or a GLOCK? I'm also stuck between deciding between these too guns too. Any suggestions?

2. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I see we put on our fighting pants tonight. I think I am going to go find an 'ol brain bucket to put on before the shells start falling.

Glad to see that we still have a sense of humor....I needed a good laugh

3. texaswoodworker

Well, there seems to have been more caliber vs caliber, GLOCK vs ......, and low capacity vs high capacity arguments than usual. All have been beaten to death.

4. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

You should go with the 2.7 mm Kolibri. After all the caliber doesn't matter at all, it is all about shot placement.

Of course only buy one if you can find it in a polymer frame, you know.... to keep the weight down.

Glad I could help :D

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Obviously the 500 S&W Magnum is the choice for you. I hear they're making one under 5 ounces, with a 55 round cylinder, with as much recoil as shooting a .22. It's a bit pricey, at $300.

And yes, they make a 1911 variant (with the lower capacity, 45 rounds cylinder). Supposedly there's also a Glock variant with the higher capacity cylinder of 65 rounds.

Take your pick.

6. texaswoodworker

Awesome!

BTW, should I carry concealed or openly? What are the arguments for these options?

:p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  7. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Conceal in a ankle holster :D:D:D

Sorry, couldn't help myself

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Openly carry one on each hip, and colon carry a third. Just in case. This is the method true gun fighters employ.

[ame]http://youtu.be/z3RDk9l4uTw[/ame]

9. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

And risk a case of 500 S&W ankle??? It's well documented, I'll find a video.

10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Myself, I think you should go for the full auto revolver that is being produced by RG in the .14 Alton Jones version.

The only other alternative would be the 4mm Luger centerfire. With a shoulder stock holster. Open carry, of course!

11. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Haha. The truth is with that round it's more like ankle less.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

13. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Of course, if you drag the Howdah pistol out of the scabbard, you would just HAVE to ask THE question-

"Howdah you do?" :p

howdah pistol.jpg