need more input

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by niteglock, Nov 8, 2012.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Would you guys buy this at this price + the FFL fees which are 25.00 for me. Or can I get a much better rifle for just a little over what that costs? I already have a magpul CRT stock on my 15-22 and the miad grip. So I don't need those. Thanks for all your guys help with this.

2. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Here's the pic. Sorry.

Attached Files:

3. niteglock

niteglock New Member

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

So which model (or parts) is it? Your link just brings up an empty shopping cart for me.

Also which model do you want? I'm partial to the 16" lightweight midlength.

Anyway, PSA gives you a lot of rifle for the money. They are highly recommended.

5. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I want a mid length 16" barrel. A2 barrel. Be able to shoot both 5.56 and .223 accurately. Mostly .223 since most of my taxes I pay go to non drug tested welfare leeches! Don't care about the stock and grip. I have a set to put on it. Flat top with handle sight and front A2 post sight. Prefer chrome lined but from what I read I will be fine with chrome moly vanadium. Just basically an all around fun shooter to an accurate shot with a scope and SHTF rifle.

6. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Do you guys think I should just buy one or build one. Which will be cheaper but still have good reliability. And I don't know but I just feel weird mix matching different manufacturer parts. Feels like its not going to work well or look weird when done. I don't know crap about ar15's though. I'm learning slowly.

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Depends on what's on sale and what's in stock. A PSA model as you described can be had for $700-750 if you hit a sale. Or they may have a complete upper at a great price but no lowers in stock. It all depends. I hit their sale on my upper for $280 and charging handle for $15. BCG wasn't in stock, so I went with BCM. I got my stripped lower locally. YMMV.

ETA

Most of us who build end up with mixed parts and no problems. My PSA upper is on an ArmaLite lower and looks/works fine. Do enough research, dont buy junk parts and you'll be fine.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

if your nervous about building one, and you plan on getting all the parts from the same company. you may as well just buy one of the rifles they have on sale. they will be about the same price. play with it untill you become comfortable, and then build one to match your needs and likes later.

9. niteglock

niteglock New Member

OK. Bought a spikes stripped lower with the bullet safety design. Paid more than I should have but I couldn't find them anywhere else in stock. Now I am going to buy a LPK for it. Any suggestions on what kind to buy. Or should I just go for the upper first.

10. buffalolake

buffalolake New Member

The PSA lower parts kits are good. I have been using the PSA LPK with J&P yellow spings in my first two builds. I love the feel of the PSA triggers with the J & P yellow springs, trigger is light but crisp with about an 1/8" of travel before breaking.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

If u have the tools to build.. or able to manage of borrowing from your friends, then build it. Worst case scenario is costs extra a little bit but you get the joy of building.

12. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

From everything I hear, PSA is good stuff, however, don't expect a fast delivery.

I placed an order on Oct 14th and it still hasn't shipped. Today makes 19 business days.:mad:

If it doesn't ship by noon today, they are getting a phone call.

13. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I don't think they dare to answer phone calls. I read lots people complaining in their FB page that no one answers the phone..

14. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Yeah that's a long time. Hope u get it soon. I'd be mad too. I hope mine doesn't take forever. Now I just need to find a 16" mid length spikes complete upper. I don't want a lightweight barrel though and that's all I can find. I also don't want no tactical hand guards or anything. My build is just going to be for iron sights until I get a nice scope. Anyone find any out there. I put in my email to a few places so they email me when they get them back.in stock. Hopefully I get one.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Checked Aim? I thought they still have the 16" Spikes Elite upper. Two weeks ago i got the 14.5" Spikes Elite with Nibx BCG

16. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Maybe an email then, they answer those:rolleyes:

I understand they can't get it done overnight, but when they say, and I quote "up to 15 business days to manufacture and a day or so to ship" it should be no more than 15 business days to manufacture and not more than 2 days to ship.

They could at least shoot you you an email if there is a delay, sorry I'm especially impatient since Tuesday. :(

17. e43jimmy409

e43jimmy409 New Member

When I ordered my rifle kit it was 22 business days. When I called twice they answered both times and were helpful. Just my 2¢

18. justin_l_

justin_l_ New Member

Fwiw, I placed an order Monday for a blemished lower and it shipped Friday. They didn't order the phone when I called to place an order, but when I looked on the site after I realized it said no phone orders for this product.

19. GonzoLonzo

GonzoLonzo New Member

Hey Bud, I ordered an upper from PSA also. It is a great upper but I had to wait 4 weeks to receive it. I recently ordered a BCG from Riflegear.com in the morning and by the end of the day, I already had a tracking # for it. I also heard on another forum that they use Daniels Defense barrels on their uppers. I don't know how true that is but if some one here knows if this is true or not, please correct me if I'm wrong. But their prices are pretty good so you might want to check them out.

http://www.riflegear.com/c-11-upper-assemblies.aspx

20. okdonk

okdonk New Member

I never heard of it but it's easy to find out. Order one and have a look on the barrel. DD barrels have serial/codings which shows the production date.