Need more info on identifying my chinese sks

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by zacatecas, Oct 30, 2010.

1. zacatecas

zacatecas New Member

I also put this on other sites so i can get as many replies as i can.I just want to know what i have here and not sound like an idiot if someone ever asks me about my sks.
    I did some reading here and on other site but there a few things that i didnt really understand.Heres a few pics.Maybe you experts can help me more on telling me about this sks.
    Cant really tell what it says here.I could only tell a few words......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Pretty typical Norinco SKS. Nice condition. These are not Mil-Surp rifles, they were made by Norinco for export to the US commercial market.

I believe having that spike mono-pod installed may be a violation of some PRC anti gun law.

3. zacatecas

zacatecas New Member

Thanks for the reply.Im thinking of taking the spike off and adding a bipod.Also want to add a scope but not too sure what kind to get.i dont want to get a too expensive one but not a cheap one either.Im just going to use it for the range and maybe shooting 200-300 yards.

4. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

Sks

You have the stamped trigger group. Please post a picture from the top showing the barrel mating to the receiver & I will tell you if you have a threaded or pinned barrel.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Beautiful gun. I'd love to have an SKS with a spike.