Firearms Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now that I have mini 14.....need a couple of 20 rd mags. ruger ones please.
also, opinions on other mfg mags, tapco and any other plastic mags. do they work?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Not a good time to buy right now, prices are crazy! Ruger works the best, I also have Promag 20's that work. The plastic mags are hit and miss, newer rifles seam ok with the generation 2 Tapco. All the sites I have looked at are out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would search all of the local pawn shops first. I was able to pick up 6 good condition ruger 20rd mags for $100.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I got a few 20 and 30 round metal unbranded magazines that came with the used Mini-14's we bought. So far they work great but the only thing I'm seeing is that the sheet metal is soft and where the front latch pin hole is if I don't get it perfectly aligned before pulling them into the latch the area around the hole bends inward. I highly recommend using Ruger factory magazines if at all possible because their magazines are made of a harder material making them a quality product far less likely to give function problems than aftermarket magazines.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
you:

"how much you want for that "in the box 20 round ruger factory mag, hawkguy?"

hawkguy:

"how much you got?" :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's well known, lots of people make Mini 14 mags, some are better than others, BUT, the Ruger ones always work! Spend the time to look for and the money on Ruger mags...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts