Need input on 40 caliber reloads...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by stakhaus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. stakhaus

stakhaus New Member

I am wanting to reload rounds for my G23, is it me or are the bullets hard to find or expensive when you do? There are some sites that I have found but I am looking for input...

Thanks

Stak... The

2. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What are you looking for? I'd say get some cast, but in a Glock I understand it's a no-no with the OEM barrel.
    Check out Berry's Bullets. Plated are going to be cheaper than the jacketed bullets at your local retailer. The typical Hornady, Sierra, etc. are a pricey way to plink especially in 100 rd quantities.

40 caliber plated pistol bullets
    If you simply must have jacketed bullets, look at Montana Gold or Precision Delta.

Montana Gold Bullet, Incorporated - Kalispell, Montana
    Precision Delta - Competition Ammunition

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. stakhaus

stakhaus New Member

Thanks for the feedback...

I thought I had found some at Natchez Shooters Supplies but they do not deliver to GA residents...I will look into the links provided.

Stak

5. stakhaus

stakhaus New Member

Thanks overkill0084, i ordered 500 rounds from Berry's, awesome rounds they shot great at the range this weekend with absolutely no problems... I will order my next batch of 45s from them...

Thanks again

Stak...

6. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.
    If your .45 doesn't have polygonal rifling, consider Missouri Bullet Company as well. They are what I shoot 90% of the time. Good company. Great service & pricing. I use them in all my handgun calibers. (.380, 9 mm, .38/.357, .40 S&W & .45 acp) Note: I do not own any guns with polygonal rifling, e.g Glock and a few others. Cast bullets in a Glock is another thread in itself.

http://www.missouribullet.com/results.php?category=5&secondary=13

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011