Need info

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Joshua Tucci, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Joshua Tucci

Joshua Tucci New Member

I had 2 felonies 1 identity theft and 1 forgery. I had them expunged in 2009. Can I purchase a firearm in California?

2. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to ask a dealer and/or an attorney in CA.

3. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Why so eager Josh? 2 threads ( 3 threads) on one forum?
    It smells of desperation. Or a job.

Many folks here are extra wary of new folks showing up and asking questions that approach skirting the edge of the law.

There is a large anti gun segment of the nation eager to take any and EVERY opportunity to impugn actual America loving Second Amendment exercising citizens.

If this topic is really important to you you should get in touch with a lawyer licensed in California that is knowledgeable about this type of thing.

Most of us have been here for years. I am not inclined to be charitable to someone who waits until the crisis is upon us to think about getting ready. You worked to get your record worked in 2009 and only now think about buying a weapon?

Maybe find someone you trust that is well heeled and stay close to them.

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Yes, we do not want to be rude but as Schnuff said skeptical of the sudden urgency. However the only answer to this question must be dealt with in your State. Since all States vary when it comes to this type issue. And also must be answered by someone in the legal community who can legally answer your question correctly and legally. Bad advise could end up getting you in serious problems. Good Luck on your question!

5. Joshua Tucci

Joshua Tucci New Member

Really? I've never used a forum before.

Nmwabbit likes this.
  6. Joshua Tucci

Joshua Tucci New Member

It's not that big of a deal. It's just a question.

Nmwabbit likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Well-Known Member Supporter

Call the Calif Dept of Justice in Sacramento. They will answer your question. l used to call them when ever l had a question about state gun law and 15 days after each sale to determine if the sale was approved. You will have to show the dealer that you are competent to handle your chosen gun safely and the dealer will have to certify that in writing if you are determined eligible by the Calif DOJ.

Joshua Tucci likes this.