need info on Zoli shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by ranger rick, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ranger rick

ranger rick New Member

I have a old Antonio Zoli O/U and have written to zoli firearms and they have no info on older guns, S/N is 33361 and it has ( J280 ) stamped on forearm, reciever and barrel, It also has 4 Stars stamped on the barrel and the letters CL. I am hoping someone can give me a clue as to where I can find more info on this gun or if you have any info I would greatly appreciate any input. It has extensive engraving completely covering the reciever, Thanks in advance

2. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

lets see if someone can help.

3. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

What kind of info are you looking for exactly? I used to have an Antonio Zoli. It is indeed Spanish. Not high quality, but not junk either.

4. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

Zoli made many High end shotguns as well as medium priced entrees. They produced a line of S/S single trigger auto-ejectors under the name of Matador II.
    I accidently backed a P/U truck over a Matador II 12 Ga. in my younger days. :mad: I still own a Zolli Reproduction Remington Zouave rifled musket these were among the best .58 caliber mini-ball muskets produced during the Civil War Centennial years 1961-1965. :)

5. RKB

RKB Active Member

The Matador I, II, and III line was made by AyA. I've never seen or heard of one made by Zoli.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

What kind of forend release does it have - a folding lever or a front end pushrod?

7. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

serial number shows its most likely a lever.

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

If so, probably Italian. Most Spanish doubles have push button releases. Antonio Zoli was Italian. The reason I know, I bought a 20ga Zoli once on a whim, then researched it. Believe it or not, there were two Zolis (brothers-?) Antonio's shotguns are valued higher.

9. hrobalabama1

hrobalabama1 New Member

There should be a date code somewhere on the barrel breach or the receiver. Go online and get Italian and Spanish date codes