Need info before buying Sig 1911 Carry

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Dogomatic, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dogomatic

Dogomatic New Member

Gentlemen:
    I need info before buying a Sig 1911 Carry.
    This gun will be used for home defense & plinking.
    This gun is 7.7 inches in lenght.
    This Sig has a 4.20 inch barrel.
    This gun is stainless steel and handles 8 to 9 rounds of ammo.
    My questions are (1) Has anyone shot this model Sig?
    (2) How is this gun's reliability?
    (3) This gun's recoil?
    (4) Accuracy?

Members thank-You for your input!
    I am a former Marine so 1911's I am not new to.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Why a Sig? They're great guns but not a true 1911 Pattern Pistol.

I think the Sig is overkill for your prime objective use.

I think you could save a pant load of cash getting a plinking/nightstand 1911, and use it for a U-haul full of ammo.

[​IMG]

3. jeffsmith2208

jeffsmith2208 New Member

I would absolutely recommend a Sig 1911, or any Sig for that matter. There are however a lot of other great options out there... Look around, read some reviews, rent some 1911's and shoot them, then go with your gut and nobody else!

4. Posit

Posit New Member

I have a Sig 1911, full size model. Excellent in all aspects. Suggest you try the Sig forum for specific information on the model you are interested in.

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Have to agree with the Canester here as a Sig 1911 is really overkill for a plinking gun and they aren't really 1911s as many parts are different. Fine guns but pricey and unique...

6. Jay

Jay New Member

I have a Sig Carry Elite, as well as a full sized Sig 1911 "style" handgun. I agree that the price point of the Sig is above what you indicate the use of the gun will be. Many times I've fired a friends Rock Island Armory 1911, with a 4" inch barrel, and it functions just fine. The RIA also costs about half what the Sig does.

The Sigs are good shooters, and nice to look at, but as posted, for your stated intentions, I wouldn't spend the extra money.