need help

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by stoppingpower, Jan 24, 2012.

1. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Wanting to get a Del-Ton parts kit.. I'm leaning to this more then buying a ak... but it dosnt come with a lower... how do I no what lowers work for what uppers?
    HELP

Wyoming is what America was

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Any Mil-Spec AR-15 lower will accept any Mil-Spec AR-15 upper. Only "except" is the large pin colts but they are rare these days. Before you spend any money on the Del-Ton check out Palmetto State Armory, Bravo Company or Spikes Tactical. You may be surprised to find a little more quality doesn't necessarily come at a much higher price.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/600-ar-fact-fiction-55961/

3. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

What he said, sort of. Because a company says their stuff is "mil-spec" doesn't make it so. I recently had a guy bring his AR to me. He'd bought a new 6.8 upper to go with his lower. Both claimed to be mil-spec. But the pin holes for mating the upper and lower together were off slightly. Not by a lot, but enough to keep them from going together without reaming the upper pin holes slightly. I'm sure others here can give some direction on upper/lower combinations they know work.

4. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Yes id like some help on what lower can go with what uppers

Wyoming is what America was

5. MichaelBarton

MichaelBarton New Member

99% of milspec lowers fit milspec uppers. go look at RRA, Stag, Spikes, BCM

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Get the stripped lower you like best. Check the sticky above for lots of pictures. Check what's available locally, get a feel for what you want. If you're sold on Del-Ton they sell lowers, just get it on a separate order from the parts.

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

This is pretty rare tho isn't it? Most will mate with a little play....

8. lunarmanathome

lunarmanathome New Member

I would not worry about this happening all that often. If it were to, send one of the receivers back fro replacement. Even in the military, we would occasionally receive weapons that were just not quite right. Buy with confidence!