need help

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by arp1, Dec 28, 2010.

1. arp1

arp1 New Member

I just got a glock 36. I am used to 1911's. my question is can I shoot a cast bullet in a 36?

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

I would recommend full jacketed or copper washed bullets. The rifling Glocks uses is not intended for lead use.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Do not know if your owner's manual addresses this (Uh- you DID read the manual, right?) However, from the topglock website-
    Can I shoot lead bullets in my Glock?
    Glock barrels use special polygonal rifling not found in most handguns. This rifling is one of the main reasons Glocks are extremely accurate guns. However, the same rifling can cause a high degree of leading when not using jacketed bullets. In other words some lead from the bullet sticks to the inside of the barrel when it is fired. Too much leading can quickly lead to high pressures which can cause the barrel and/or gun to break or even explode. If you choose to shoot lead in your Glock please get an after market barrel.

4. arp1

arp1 New Member

thanks

thank you for the information, got the 36 but nothing else, I will get one online

5. Trooper7687

Trooper7687 New Member

Glock

I've been told by the guys in the firearms section that this may be the cause of so many glock KA-BOOMS