Need help with the name of a rifle I once saw.

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ccase39, Oct 1, 2013.

1. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

It was foreign made. It was a double barrel shot gun with a close to 50 cal barrel attached underneath. It was a breach. You loaded both shells and the cartridge.
    The name Dremen, or Dremel comes to mind but I know thats not it. Anyone know what I am talking about?

2. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

Thats the one!

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Drillings are a type of gun not a brand. Usually made by high end makers like Rigby, Holland and Holland, etc.

4. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Drilling may also be written drieling- since the name comes from the German Drie (three).

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It's difficult to stump the people on this forum. They sure do know their firearms.

7. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Drillings are pretty cool, they really never caught on after solid body repeaters became common place but the concept was great, one gun, multiple uses! A bud of mine used to sport his .22/ .410 OU, it was a great squirrel/ rabbit gun and just plain fun to shoot.

8. Gizord1

Gizord1 New Member

Drillings are neato pieces of firearms history.
    Wouldn't mind having a reproduction.
    The last one I saw was at a cabelas store.
    They had two of the same rifle, it was a 16 bore barrel, with a rifle barrel next to it that was 8mm.
    If you look at pics of the actions of the cartridge models, they could get pretty complex!