Need help with re-assembly

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by ostie, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ostie

ostie New Member

Hey guys,
    I have a old Stevens Model 94H single-shot 410 ga that I'm trying to reassemble. The only think I have trouble with is putting the mainspring plunger back in. Are there any tricks to this? Thanks.

2. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Do you have a diagram? Stevens parts and support are no longer available through Savage Arms. Diagrams, parts, and support are offered through Numrich Gun Parts Corp. Customer Service: (845) 679-4867 Toll-Free: 866-NUMRICH Also, maybe if you posted your question in the Gunsmithing Section of this board you may get more help. Please don't take this wrong...there's no value to these shotguns and no collector's interest either. Good Luck-

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010

3. DarinCraft

DarinCraft New Member

Not familiar with the gun but here is a schematic link

94H

4. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

I've seen them, shouldered them, but never been inside one.
    Stevens had their day back in the 50's. The model 94 came in different
    gauges. The letter suffix at the end of the model number identified the gauge.

5. ostie

ostie New Member

Thanks guys. I got it back together after alot of trial and error. I know the gun isn't really worth anything, but my grandfather has had it since the 60s and it means alot to him. It was beginning to get hard to breach open and it was showing alot of surface rust. I restained the stock, stripped and reblued the barrel and receiver and oiled it up good. I think he's gonna be really proud when I take it back to him this weekend. Thanks again.

6. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

That means the gun is priceless. :)
    Glad to hear you got it back together.
    yeah, your grandfather is going to love it!!