Need help with id'ing this

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by oldcrankyman, Mar 28, 2011.

1. oldcrankyman

oldcrankyman New Member

I was recently give a High Standard Nato Pintail 12ga pump. Serial #3082083.

I checked the High Standard web site, apparently they no longer mfg shotguns, and have nothing in the way of archives. I did some interwebz searching, but didn't really find anything of use.

I'd like to know the age and value...I've already got a 12ga Mossberg pump, and would like to sell this or trade for a 9mm handgun. I got it with a fancy leather case.

Thanks in advance.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

OK- just this once- with no pictures. Next time we send Guido and Sonny da Squeeze over to 'splain things-:p

If yours has a serial number, it is post 1968. IIRC, High Standard began marketing under the NATO Pintail model name about 1973. They are good utility grade shotguns (good shooters) but do not have a major collector following. Values run about $125-$200 for an excellent specimen. They will drop a dove or pheasant just as well as a $900 shotgun.

3. oldcrankyman

oldcrankyman New Member

Yeah, my bad...now including pics. Of course Guido and Sonny are why I have the Mossberg (cut fairly short). Essentially no wear on the blueing. 28" barrel, checkered stock and pump.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011