Need help with holographic sight

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by fmj, Apr 20, 2012.

1. fmj

fmj New Member

OK maybe i am just an idiot here but before i throw this thing in the trash or send it back to the factory i will ask.

I am having SERIOUS issues dialing in my holographic sight.

It seems to want to hit 15 inches right...10 yards and 25 yards.

If i adjust the thing right, it should come right, right?

I have taken all the adjustment out of it and still cant get it to zero.....

2. fmj

fmj New Member

Also the same should be true with the elevation, correct?

If i turn the screw "UP" the POI should come UP, correct?

3. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

What kind is it ?:confused:

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Um not always some of them are backwards , I have 2 different brands and neither are the same

5. fmj

fmj New Member

Its an el cheepo NcStar.

Yeah, yeah, i know. But i am NOT gonna put as much or more into a sighting system than i have into the entire M-4!

6. fmj

fmj New Member

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It is not a true holo, it is a reflex. I have one on a 22lr and it is a pita. There is a lot of slack in the adjustment before it engages. I ended up moving the dot to the poi rather than trying to adjust for elevation and windage.
    I just noticed that you said it is hitting 15" right and you are trying to move it right. You need to move it left. The windage screw has an R and a little arrow. To move the poi left you have to turn the screw to the left or counter clockwise. Same with the Up screw. Adjustments are very coarse with not much feel.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  8. fmj

fmj New Member

PITA is correct. I will try one more time with this thing before i toss it.

Thanks for the ideas.

9. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Remember that if you move the dot right, the POI is moved left because you are moving the firearm barrel left to compensate for having moved the dot right.

That is probably what you are doing. I had it backwards awhile back myself when I was sighting in my new Aimpoint red-dot-sight. These sight manufacturers don't always explain this in those manuals that none of us read. :cool: