Need help with boxes.....

Discussion in 'Texas Gun Forum' started by LakeshoreShooter, Apr 27, 2013.

1. LakeshoreShooter

LakeshoreShooter New Member

My family moved to Stephenville a while back. We had a moving company move us. There are probably about 150 boxes of various sizes in our garage. Right before coming here, I had back surgery. And of course, like an idiot, I hurt myself trying to get things organized. I ended up back in the hospital. Anyway, it has been 6 months since the move, and the boxes have to go.

The moving company that moved us won't pick up the boxes, as they will only do that up to 3 months after the move. I went out to the landfill and they "don't take cardboard." I wanted to get a dumpster, but no one services Stephenvile. I am curious if anyone on here has had a similar situation....or you just know a place I can take them.

2. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

Look for cardboard recycler in your area

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

To bad. If you were in ky I would get them. I'm about to move and need them.

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree with MisterMcCool. You can sell them. I'm sure there's someone near you needing to move and wondering where they are going to get some good, sturdy moving boxes. But an ad in the paper or on some local advertising medium like Craigslist.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

This ^ or burn them (well, depending on where you live) ----

7. LakeshoreShooter

Burn 'em...

Ya, can't burn 'em....live in a community on a golf course.

...Buckeyeborn- Hmm, thanks. I will google a cardboard recycler.

...kytowboater- Wish I could help ya....

...MisterMcCool- Excellent idea, thanks! (never been on there....but 1st time for everything.)

...winds-of-change- thanks, I will.

I appreciate the comments!

8. xring3

xring3 Member

years ago when I worked in a litho trade shop, we used to get powdered chemicals, bagged, in the nicest double walled boxes I have ever seen. The boxes were made in Belgium for Agfa. these boxes were so nice I used to break them down and take them home. Used the reasoning..you never know when you might have to move. The day came when I did have to move and these boxes really came in handy. For lack of anything meaningful to add to this thread...I figured I would tell this story...BTW....I still have some of those boxes.

9. vincent

vincent New Member

Craigslist has a Free section, try there, I kinda doubt anyone is gonna pay for boxes...Good luck...:cool:

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If these are good quality, sturdy moving boxes from a moving company, I think you can get a bit of money for them.

11. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

You could also contact the college in Stephenville,I'd bet they have a recycling dumpster on location.
    Or,If there's a Walmart in town,ask the manager if they will take them.Every Walmart has a bailing machine on site for their cardboard waste.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Ship them to the White House, postage due.

Attached Files:

13. LakeshoreShooter

Well, I am now going to seek neighbor's to see if they want 500lbs. of boxes for some bonfire's. From the dump to area moving companies, to the College here in town, there is no one that will take bulk cardboard. Oh well, suppose that's part of what one must expect living in a small town. Thank for all y'all's input!

14. gunny100

gunny100 New Member

boxes

15. gunny100

gunny100 New Member

you could put them on the burn pile and burn them to get ride of the boxes

16. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gunny- that was May of LAST YEAR- and he said he could not burn them.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i think the new member owes the forum a birthday cake!:D