Need help with a trade!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by flasaint727, May 21, 2011.

1. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

So I have another trade that I can do and i was wondering your sugestions.
    I want to trade my Taurus Revolver Model 80 .38 spl and $100 for a clean beretta .380 that holds 14rds. What do you think???

2. Beretta

Beretta New Member

If only the world was so kind! Italian craftsmanship and history dating back to 1525. You'll be very lucky if you're not sued for bringing this trade up.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

During the recent ammo shortage in my area, .380ACP's were a little scarce.

If you feel good about the trade, then by all means do it. Especially if no money is involved.

4. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

Im not sure exactly the type of beretta but its a 380 not a 9 witch i dont like. But Do you think its worth a Taurus 38 spl (model 80) like 20 years old with $100 for the beretta 380? And in Florida i can just goto walmart and get 380 acp its was hard to find 38 spl ammo. But yeah hows the reviews on beretta 380s?

5. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

He wants 250 for a Beretta Cheetah 84 Is that a good deal or not he wants all cash what do you think?

6. General_lee

General_lee New Member

If the gun is in good shape and it's not stolen then yes $250 is a good price.

7. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

Im not sure if its stolen or not. One of my buddys has it and i want to buy it off him and its in great condition so im thimking im going to do it now ill have a Taurus Revolver Model 80 38 spl and a Beretta 84 Cheetah.

8. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

ok now the trade is $180 and my iphone that i bought for $60. Is this a good dea or not??

9. danf_fl

IMO, a good deal is if you each get what you want, and both are smiling when the deal is done.

How do you feel about it? What are your thoughts.

Our opinions and needs may not be the same as yours.

10. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

Im not sure what he thinks but if he wants to do it. He must be satified with the trade. I know i will im only coughing up 180 and my crappy iphone for a Beautiful Italian made beretta thats worth $600 to $800. I feel it will be a good deal for me atleas and will look beautiful next to my taurus wheel gun! I really want to do it! I just hate not buying from store always having to buy off the streets... but thats life! :]

11. orangello

orangello New Member

Ummm what? Why do you always buy "off the streets"? There are some good deals at the pawn shops if you look around.

Personally, i would ask the seller if he would mind if i wrote down the serial number; then i would call the local popo to find out if it was reported stolen. Otherwise, sounds like a good deal.

12. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

Well yeah but its way cheaper asking my buddies if they no anyone thats selling a gun and it never exceeds 2 for a nice gun. One of my buddys got a mac11 for 300 i have no idea how someone got ahold of one of those but thats way thingswork. I think 180 for a 700$ beretta is worth it even if its stolen i didnt steal it i bought it at a garage sale :]

13. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

good deal...trade!!

14. danf_fl

Go to a couple of gun auctions sites and try to get a feel on the going prices of both weapons.

15. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

I did look it up on the beretta website. The Beretta 84 Cheetah is $830 New for a nickle plated .380 and thats what im getting so im deffinatly going to scoop this deal!

16. danf_fl

Yeah, but are the firearms in question new? A MSRP is sometimes a lot more than what you can get a used for.

17. Car54

Car54 New Member

flasaint, heres a website to run the serial number through Florida for stolen. It's only for Florida guns though.

FDLE Public Access System | Stolen Guns Search

18. WDB

WDB New Member

Yet you documented the deal here:confused:, Have the firearm checked before you buy it, A way too good of a deal often is. BTW that isn't how thingswork. If you buy something at a value far less than it is worth and it comes back as stolen then you have a lot of work to do to prove you had no idea the item wasn't stolen. Less chance of winning the case after you laid out the premise of how you came by the firearm on the interweb.

19. flasaint727

flasaint727 New Member

yea the deal didnt happen anyway. I think they were trying to get me. It seemed to good to be true. I still have my Taurus i no somthing else will come up.