Need help with a Henry 22

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by burkholder, Dec 29, 2013.

1. burkholder

burkholder New Member

Well, my wife got a henry golden boy 22 as a gift. Went to shoot it for the first time and and the first shot the case wouldn't eject. It was stuck in the barrel. Had to take the thing apart. try number two with different ammo. Same thing. Took it home cleaned and lubed everything tested it with a dummy round and it ejected fine. Try number three and the case got jammed into the barrel again. after further inspection it looks like when the firing pin hits the case it's hitting the very top and deforming the case causing it to jam. Any advice?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Brand new? Sounds like either the gun has been dry fired and the firing pin has peened the chamber (common). A rough chamber will cause the same issue. Contact Henry, they will make it right.

3. burkholder

burkholder New Member

yea it's brand new. Her dad bought it for her and he says it has a warranty but i just wanted to see if there was anything i could do before sending it in.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

5. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

Yea ur firing pin is bent I would send it to henry especially if it has a warranty because if u try to fix it and something happens and something messes it up...idk how there warranty works but it may void it

Sent from my XT901 using Firearms Talk mobile app