Need help sizing lens covers...

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by blackhawk51, Nov 6, 2012.

1. blackhawk51

blackhawk51 New Member

Just purchased a Remington 700 ADL today with a Tasco 3-9x40 scope on it...I need to get lens covers for it because as of right now the glass is unprotected. Any help is appreciated.
    Pic of the gun for reference...

[​IMG]

2. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

You know your Objective Lens is 40MM that is the size of the front cover. Look up the scope and see what you Subjective is in MMs. Looks like a 35MM.

3. blackhawk51

blackhawk51 New Member

Thanks for the suggestion, will do.

4. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I will say not every 40mm objective is the same size OD. your best bet is to take your rifle to your LGS and try the caps on.

Here is a link to butler Creek sizing guide. http://butlercreek.com/productsImages/charts/flip_scope_chart.html

Be careful and measure 3 or 4 times if you don't want to try them on. I have wasted a few bucks on shipping ordering the wrong caps.

5. blackhawk51

blackhawk51 New Member

I did find when measuring last night that if you do the conversion from inches to MM that my objective lens is a bit bigger than 40mm...it actually came out to be just under 45mm. I think I'm just going to take it to the LGS where I bought it and try on some scope caps, which I should have thought about before I left. Also determined that I probably won't be able to use the flip ups because I don't think the bolt will clear it when it's cycled. So looks like I'll just be going with the snap on/offs.