Need help in the Huntsville area

Discussion in 'Alabama Gun Forum' started by Agent_Smith, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Agent_Smith

Agent_Smith New Member

Hello all,

I'm a little embarassed to admit this, but I took my Mossberg 500 12 gauge apart several months ago to clean it. At the time, I left it disassembled and put it away. Various non-gun-related demands took over my time and I just forgot about it. Now, several months later, I can't seem to figure out how to put it back together. Between the owner's manual and Youtube videos, I still have not figured it out.

Is there anyone who lives in or near the Huntsville area who knows this gun and would be willing to take the time to show me how to put it back together? I'm sure it's an extremely simple thing for most who visit this board, but alas I rode the short bus to school and I'm just a little slow sometimes..(joking)

In exchange for your time, I have some reloading supplies that I've never used and don't need right now. I would be willing to give them to you. If you're not interested in that, I could simply buy you a 12 pack of your beverage of choice, or whatever comparable form of compensation we could agree on.

If interested, please PM me. I only go online once a week or so, so please be patient if I don't respond right away. Thanks.

2. OLGEORGE

OLGEORGE New Member

Need help

Do you still need help with your Mossberg? I don't claim any expertise, but have had a couple apart and was able to re-assemble them. I have one of my own, but it been a while since I've done anything with it. I live in Ardmore, AL. Reply of send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Just signed up for this forum.

3. OLGEORGE

OLGEORGE New Member

need help

I just noticed the date on the post. I expect the problem is resolved by now.

4. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

It's the thought that counts! Welcome aboard

Sent from a phone I can use to do my taxes, but can't make a damn call.

5. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Not that it will probably help the OP, but I have found some help from videos on

google, from time, to time. Whenever my world starts crashing in around me,

I always make it a point to re-assemble whatever I have ripped down, for just

this reason. You come back later, and CRS has set in.

6. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome! I went to Athens State in the late 60s, so I have been to Ardmore. Probably not the same town I recall. In those days North Alabama was a pretty rural area. Farmland interrupted with towns.

7. OLGEORGE

OLGEORGE New Member

Ardmore

I was here in '61-'62 at Redstone. Met my future wife in Huntsville. We lived in my home town in Ohio until my retirement in 2002. The whole north Alabama area has changed. Mostly housing with farm land in between. When I was in the army some of my buddies and I used to go out shooting on weekends. Now the only places to go are the Swan Creek Range north of Decatur, the city recreation dept. range at Fayetteville, TN or an indoor range at a couple of gun shops in the area. (pricey) Both the others are 25 miles away. I drove for a courier company for a couple years after moving here and even the Scottsboro area is getting built up. A retired Army master sergeant has started a club and range at Elkton, TN, which is 6-7 miles from here, but the procedure to sign in and out is such a hassle it's about as easy to drive the 25 miles. One good thing though, I don't have much snow shoveling to do.

8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

We used to go up into Elkton to drink beer, as Limestone County was dry, and we were college kids. We thought a dry county meant it didn't rain. In the late 60s we would exit the first exit in TN on 65 and make a left. Plenty of beer joints! We used to go up into the woods near Elkton to a creek in the woods, and shoot there. No one bothered us at all. I don't know if it was state land, private land or what. I just tagged along at first with guys who were here before me. We were mostly shooting .22s and we picked up our trash, so I guess we never got anyone mad at us.