Need help identifying

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by stiv, Sep 8, 2012.

1. stiv

stiv New Member

This looks like either a gun cleaner or reloader it has a Browning belt and there is a handle that moves the piece in and out and the other handle turns the wheel, this is not a circumcision machine does anybody have an idea of the year and function

Attached Files:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Welcome to FTF. It's hard to see. Better (closer) pics would help. It looks like it might be an old case trimmer or something.

3. LongRifle50

LongRifle50 New Member

Looks like a device to make bullets seated in a case, concentric

4. LongRifle50

LongRifle50 New Member

Or could be a chamfering device. It looks like it holds a case or bullet, rotates it precisely and presses something down on to it

5. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

it would also help to know the size or have a coin in the pic so we get an idea of the size. What is the wheel made out of?

6. Sport45

Sport45 New Member

I'm guessing it should mount on a vertical surface and would be used to crimp paper shotgun hulls.

But the oil cap suggests it would mount horizontally.

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

It is a shotgun shell roll-crimper...............

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  8. LongRifle50

LongRifle50 New Member

Yup, that's what it is. I was trying to remember where I saw that lever "shell pressing" assembly. You usually see it in the slammer old roll crimpers

9. stiv

stiv New Member

Thanks Tom that helped me out and to everyone, it has a browning belt not sure if that picture you posted up, gives more details of the manufacturer, just didn't know if it was made by browning. In any case I have no use for a shotgun shell roll crimper, if you know anyone interested, it is for sale, I'm at stiv76@email.com

-Greg

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Would be a great display piece for someone's gun room or fireplace mantle, especially one of us oldtimer re-loaders.

Jim.......

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

How much ?