Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says I'm trying to help someone figure this out. I'll work on uploading some barrel markings as soon as he gets them to me.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,006 Posts
C3 on aisle 6!!!!! C3 you are needed on aisle 6!!!!!!!;)

·
Administrator
26,364 Posts
We have several folks here with more expertise and experience on flinters than I do- and as said, the proofmarks will show from where, and when.

It is a lovely pistol, but he is not holding it close enough to the computer to see!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have several folks here with more expertise and experience on flinters than I do- and as said, the proofmarks will show from where, and when.

It is a lovely pistol, but he is not holding it close enough to the computer to see!
Yeah I asked him to send me the pictures of the markings and these are what I got...lol I had to explain what I was talking about. I thought it might be French but as you said the proof is in the markings. :D

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added a couple more of some not so great pics. The only mark I see looks like a snowflake.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a method of authenticating this flintlock.....have them send it to a general postoffice in a town of my choice. State on the package a Mr. Smith will pick it up. He will were a cap pulled down low and dark sunglasses. No need to check for identification. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
6,489 Posts
Please a picture of the frizzen in open position. Hammer down to flash pan. Picture of flash hole or vent? What is the bore size? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is a middle eastern pistol. The bazars and antique shops are full of them. All hand made, some fire and others are for the tourist trade. Great wall hanger conversation piece.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a middle eastern pistol. The bazars and antique shops are full of them. All hand made, some fire and others are for the tourist trade. Great wall hanger conversation piece.

Any idea on the value?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts