Firearms Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out what kind of Shotgun this is?

Thanks in Advanced!

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Winchester Defender, right?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure about the markings, trying to help my friend figure out if its a good buy for $250. Waiting on response about the markings / stampings.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just trying to help my friend identify it, how do you know its a winchester 1300, winchester 1200 or 12? Just curious how you can tell its not a remington, mossberg?

I honestly don't know much ahout shotguns....

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
AgentTikki said:
Just trying to help my friend identify it, how do you know its a winchester 1300, winchester 1200 or 12? Just curious how you can tell its not a remington, mossberg?

I honestly don't know much ahout shotguns....
Different characteristics and designs. I always start with a Winchester guess when I see a fore grip like that.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
It does look like a 1300 xtr defender and the above posted price range is good. It looks like it has some wear on it. Assuming we have the model right and nothing else is wrong with it. I would attempt to talk them down to $150 and definitely wouldn't pay over $200.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
mountainman13 said:
It does look like a 1300 xtr defender and the above posted price range is good. It looks like it has some wear on it. Assuming we have the model right and nothing else is wrong with it. I would attempt to talk them down to $150 and definitely wouldn't pay over $200.
Usually sell them for about that here if they have some rattle

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Foward triggerguard safety, and small bolt release (that I can't see), along with that forend and bolt, makes me think the guys who said winchester are right.

$200 used. I'd see if they'd knock some off for the rust on the barrel.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you tell betwee the 1200 and the 1300?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts