Need help figuring out if this is a good deal

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Kingjazzblue, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Kingjazzblue

Kingjazzblue New Member

Hello guys, I'm fairly new here (even though for some reason it says that ive been on for months now). I hate to start off my new membership here by being so bold as to ask for advice, but I'm in a time crunch and kinda need help here. I was offered a nice SAVAGE 110 TACTICAL .308 for SUBCOMPACT Riffle with scope in exchange for my Sig SP 2340 with mags, holster, and ammo (1 and a half box of hollow points and target pushers).

Other people have offered other things as well like a WINCHESTER MODEL 92 (1892) STYLE LEVER ACTION IN .44-40, or a Ruger SR9 Compact 9mm Stainless, or Beretta PX4. Do you guys think any of these would be a good deal?

A

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A good deal is made when both parties walk away with a smile.

Those "deals" you listed would bring a smile to the other guy, and have me frowning.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If the '92 is real (not a modern copy) & in good condition GRAB IT-----
    Other than that i'm with danf :)
    -
    -
    -
    Tho i'm not sure the 1892 was made in 44-40?
    Google dude--------------------------

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Yes many '92 Winchesters were made in 44-40. But so were the many imports which is much more likely to have been offered.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'd bet its a copy------

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

OP, how much is your SIG worth? If it were me, depending on that value, I'd be interested in the Savage. That's not a cheap gun.

Oh, and what's wrong with asking advice right off the bat? That's 1/2 the reason the forum is here. (And, people LOVE it when you ask their opinions.)

7. Kingjazzblue

Kingjazzblue New Member

Thank you guys for the advice. I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome