Need help considering trade

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by 12fretter, May 8, 2013.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I am considering trade of my Bersa Mini 45 Firestorm Pro with extra Bersa mag for a Mossberg 500 18.5 tactical 6 pos with pistol grip, 7+1. I paid $430 for the Bersa just a month ago.

Here is the pic he sent me. Not great pic though:

[​IMG]

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

It was me I wouldn't do it. but its more to do with the stock. I just don't like a collapsable stock on a 12 ga. The price new on a 500 moss set up that way is pretty close to even though so I guess it's a matter of preference. It was me I"d but a 500 outright then set it up like I wanted it.

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

A quick glance of GunBroker.com shows that the Mossberg 500 tactical are going from $350 to $500. So the price is in the same range.

I guess it depends on what you want.

4. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Well if I were to get a shotgun for HD, it would be a tactical setup very similar to this, so the stock not only doesn't bother me, I'd prefer it so I can make it comfortable to shoot even for the wife. I was shooting for a 20" barrel, but I don't think there is anything wrong with an 18.5 with 7+1. I suppose I can always change that if I wanted to, right?

5. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Also, I'm new to shotguns. Are barrels and tubes replaceable? So if I wanted to go longer on both I could?

What would any suggestions be for adding to this to get a perfect tactical HD weapon?

Thanks.

6. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

The Mossberg has many available aftermarket parts and barrels. It's one of the most popular pump shotguns out there.

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Yeah it's all replaceable.

8. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

Yes as stated there are more aftermarket and interchangeable parts available for the Mossberg than you can imagine.
    The things I always put on a HD shotgun are
    a quality mounted light, side saddle for extra shells, and quality sling. Possibly night sights but not an absolute must.

9. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

OK, cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure this was more or less an even trade. Sounds like it basically is. Maybe I can get him to throw in some ammo.

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Not a 20" barrel!?
    I'd ask for the original rear stock if it's an aftermarket and u go with it... Seems a pretty even trade, yes. But I'd keep the .45 and buy the basic model of that 7+1 Mossberg down the road...

11. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Well, I already have a 1911 45 that I love, and I acquired a new 9mm with a polymer lower so it's a better carry weapon than this 45. I just don't need it, but the HD shotgun has been on the list of things I've felt need to be in every household for a while now.

That particular deal fell through, but I have three others interested in just buying the 45 outright so I may be able to get a new shotgun in exactly the configuration I want instead of settling for someone elses perfect idea.