Need help cc in vehicle.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by invicta8926, Sep 11, 2012.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Does anyone have a good setup for a 1993 Honda civic? It's a very small car that doesn't have much room, looking for a good setup. Please post pics, thanks.

2. phildenton

phildenton New Member

What state you live in? There are some different setups or you can improvise and save a ton of money

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Do you have a seat pocket behind the passenger seat? Like for a map or something like that?

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Are you planning on leaving the gun in the car? Or just to have it handy while driving? For the latter a Remora holster between the seat and console works well, or attach a Kydex holster to the console where your leg will cover the gun. As for leaving it in the car no where is really safe but some areas are better than others. The seat back pocket, under the seat in a safe, in the trunk in a safe, under the dash in a mounted holster.

5. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I live in NC and I don't have a pocket behind my seat. I can't carry at work so I have to leave it in the car.

6. levelcross

levelcross New Member

they make a safe that can be bolted down in the trunk of the car or under a seat, outside of that a hiding spot that is not the norm like glove box or console will depend on the car interior and how clever you are willing to get with it.

7. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

What I really need is somewhere to mount a holster that makes easy access but is not in the open. I don't think I have many options, as of right now I have it between the seatbelt and center console.

8. levelcross

levelcross New Member

What car or truck are you driving? A full console? You might be able to make a pocket or cubby for a holster if there is somewhere that is just a blank fill in spot. Some like the strap on holster that goes under the steering wheel, or under the front of the drivers seat. Where ever you find a spot make sure that the seat belt will not keep you from access if it is retracted all of the way and locked.

I am doodling with a pop up holster for a car or truck that is spring loaded and will replace the cup holder on a console or other available space.

9. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I(f you are right handed you could look into a modified left hand kydex holster strapped or mounted under the steering column.

This way the pistol is between your legs pointed toward the firewall with the grip facing correctly for your right hand to retreive it like a normal draw.

kind of like this (found on google images):
    [​IMG]

10. motomyfoto

motomyfoto New Member

I had the very same dilemma, for me my most uncomfortable time to carry is in the car. I'm a big guy so there isn't a lot of room for a gun to fit, also not a lot of room makes it VERY hard to draw if I ever needed to. So i have done a lot of research on this and have found there are actually quite a few options out there. The holster that SSGN_Doc posted is actually a holster sold by the NRA so if you go to the NRA-store online you can find that holster. My only concern would be if that panel in the civic is strong enough to support that much weight (you can always reinforce it). The NRA store has one other option I believe that attaches to your seat belt.
    I found another site with designs I like so much more! The web site is: http://www.texascustomholsters.com/
    They have lots of pictures if you scroll to the bottom of that first page.

I like this design the most

image-3023524128.jpg

But my main carry gun is a model by beretta that is no longer made and NO one makes anything for so I decided to make my own out of kydex but it will be similar to the picture I attached. If that interests you to make your own let me know and I can show you where and how to get started with kydex.
    If you can't take your gun into work with you personally I wouldn't leave it just in a holster in my car I just don't feel comfortable doing that my self. So what I did is I went on amazon and I found a little lock box that just fits 1 gun and it has a steal cable you can attach to your seat base. You can get a 3number combo or a key lock. I'm sure someone could still get it if they really wanted but I'm sure it would slow them up.

I hope all this helps let me know if you have questions and good luck!

11. accuracyman101

accuracyman101 New Member

I would get a strong plastic holster and then bolt it way under your steering wheel

12. motomyfoto

motomyfoto New Member

That could work, you may need to make some kind of brace behind the panel to help support the weight ( that depends on what gun your using of course, I don't remember if you said what kind it is). But that should be fairly easy to figure out

13. cootdude

cootdude New Member

Velcro a holster above your sun visors

14. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

15. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I usually park where I can see my vehicle during the day (paranoid).

16. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

My dad leaves in the door of his pickup, I've taken a standard hip holster and riveted to the bottom of my front seat next to and on frame of the lever that allows for adjustment of nearness to steeringwheel. Tried it on console between seat and console, but got in way of buckling belt and was too tight a passageway for quick access.

17. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I would rather have it between the seats for quick access. So far that has been a challenge because of the size of the vehicle.

18. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I would take a picture but the confined space under my seat disallows for one sufficient enough. Sorry man.

I understand your desire to have it more readily accessible, that's why I tried it on the console first, the problem is that your draw hand has no room to grab it without doing so fingertippedly, which is slower and less ready than under the seat. If your seat was made of plastic you could do it on the correct side of things, or if your seatbelt assembly is solid enough you coupd attempt to affix it that way, but stay away from screwing or drilling anything into it, go with zipties at that point.

19. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Ok, thanks. I have a spot beside the center console but evergreen will be able to see the weapon especially if they're in a truck.