Need gift ideas for dads 50th B-Day

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JTEX, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JTEX

JTEX New Member

My dads turning 50 soon. He's an outdoorsman, and a lifelong hunter. I'm wanting some cool ideas for gifts.. Don't ask how much I want to spend I just want to hear some unique gift ideas for a 50 yr old outdoorsman. Of course I could always buy him a gun but I'm Thinking something unique and maybe personalized like a custom game call or something.. Any ideas welcome!

2. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

Does he like home brew beers?

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

How about a nice knife with his name or initials engraved? Could become a family heirloom that you would get back in 30-40 years.

4. JTEX

JTEX New Member

He actually quit drinking a few years ago so no go on the brew but I have thought of a nice knife as well..

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Hunting or fishing trip. New high tech camping gear. New scope. Custom handgun grips. New bow if he bow hunts. Black powder rifle if there is interest. Reloading gear. Rifle or shotgun case. Gun safe.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A Harley-Davidson Ultra Glide with a tour through the Dakotas

7. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

My dads 60th is this month. I'm getting him a henry 22lr lever gun. With the octagon barrel. If I had more time and money I would have had it engraved

8. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Might be expensive but how about a guided hunting trip in another state the two of you could do together ?? At that stage in life gifts are monetary and family time is priceless..

9. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree about the time. Fishing in Canada is more economical, I went with my dad, brother, uncle and cousin a few years ago. We had a blast and still laugh about it.

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Hunting or Fishing Trip.....and take alot of pictures........

11. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Being a 50 year old dad, I would love to go somewhere with my daughter and her husband and my wife as a family any time. Gifts are nice but family time is the best in my eyes. A hunting, fishing, shooting, BS'ing trip would be my picks with out knowing your dad.

12. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I like the Harley idea, myself. :cool:

For my 50th, my wife did me something I considered pretty special. As we are NASCAR fans, she bought me one of the Buck Baker Driving School experiences down at Rockingham Speedway. I got to drive a Sprint Cup Charger that used to be one of Rusty Wallace's around all by myself, after some coaching that is. That was something I'll remember forever.

Proves that a great gift doesn't have to be something material. If it comes from the heart and leaves a great memory, you can't ask for a better gift than that. Sometimes, those are the best ones.

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I would get a rifle with a wood stock and have it engraved with nice detail, images, etc, that have personal meaning. Something that would be proud, hanging on the wall.