Need Android users to Beta test the mobile version of MyGunDB!

Discussion in 'Sponsor Display' started by Wolfrage, May 13, 2012.

1. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

As you may know, MyGunDB is a desktop firearm inventory system that lets you manage your firearm collection, ammo, accessories and more. I have been working on the Mobile version for phones and tablets, but will need testers to help find bugs, suggest improvements, etc.

Even though the Mobile version will run on iPhones, iPads and Blackberrys, I am about to open up Beta testing for Android users within the next couple days -- I'm just tweaking some code first.

This version will be pretty basic, though I plan on eventually adding additional functionality. For example, it does not yet sync with MyGunDB, doesn't handle Accessories yet, etc.

I am also considering an enhanced Tablet Only version that would replicate the functionality in the desktop version, but that's down the road.

If you are interested in helping test, please send me a PM and will let you know more information once the Beta test is open!

2. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

For those helping to test it, a new version was just uploaded -- you can use the Download link in the Beta webpage.

3. recontac76

recontac76 New Member

I think that is pretty cool. Count me in. When do you think the iPhone app will be up?

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

5. ballistix45

ballistix45 New Member

I'm in, I'd love to download this app.

6. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Get the iPhone app out!!

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

7. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

Just waiting on Apple to process my paperwork and I can submit it for the itunes store. The IOS version uses the exact same code so it's not like I need to develop it separately.

8. recontac76

recontac76 New Member

That's awesome. Just let us know when it is approved from Apple on this thread. Appreciate the great work!!

9. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

I'm going to have to close entry to the Beta for now as I have a very large group for testing now (bigger than what I was going to limit it to). If/When I expand the Beta, I will let you all know! Thanks for volunteering, I greatly appreciate it!

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

If this a good place to post input for you?

11. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

Sure, post here as i check the thread constantly

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Alright.
    Now keep in mind two things.
    I'm a big fan of the program and I'm not a programmer by any means.
    As it is currently its a bit hard to use. You may want to add pull downs for the info fields to simplify things.
    I haven't caused a crash yet.
    I'll keep playing with it and giving feedback.
    Great work as always.
    The option to sync is a must have.
    If you could just press and hold the header to add, edit, or delete a firearm it would be awesome and removes the need for the buttons on the bottom.
    Password protect on the app would be nice.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  13. SalvageGuy

SalvageGuy New Member

Do you still need beta testers?

14. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I believe he posted that the beta was now closed. There may be more openings for different platforms as things progress.

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I've attempted to save an eleventh firearm 4 times after doing 9 others and when I go to add the pic the info clears. I made a fifth failed attempt and then I saved the pic first and it worked. When I went back to general to add another gun it cleared again but saved the pic. It then skipped 12 and saved the next as 13.
    Also it would be nice if it auto-saved the fields. If you forget to hit save before changing to pics or you accidently swipe it clears all the info. Very annoying. It would be easier to delete the firearm in case of a mistake rather than re-enter all the info.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  16. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

I'm looking into Pulldown menu for certain fields, like I do with the desktop version. That'll come soon.

I'm also modifying the Menu option to show the Add/Save/Cancel buttons.

Sync and password will be coming as well!

17. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

Not at the moment, though I may open it back up as needed.

18. Wolfrage

Wolfrage Vendor

Hmm. When you say you went to add a pic, do you mean as the Main Image, shown on the General tab, or in the Pictures tab? Are you going back to the general tab from picture tab using the section buttons, or swiping? I just noticed the left/right swiping causes a couple issues

I considered that, but then it'd be making a DB call with every change. I can try it out though and see if the workflow is OK.

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Main image in the general tab.