need ammo, I got the secret

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Ultimate_sig, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Out of straight bourdem I decided to download the Walmart app. After doing so I relaxed I was able to look for ammo, not at just the Walmart I go to but all the walnuts around me. I used it and I had an unlimited supply of it. If I wanted 45 I found it, 2 miles away. If I wanted 5.56 I found it 7 miles away and so on and so on. So don't get discouraged ammo is out there but you have to play scavenger hunt to find it. So enjoy this little tip and don't let "the man" get ya down!

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

Sweet. Just downloaded the app to my android, and it works. Found .45 acp ammo in the next town.

Some time back, the ammo was taken off of www.walmart.com, and I assumed it would not work on the app as well, but it does.

Great advice!

Now rather than drive to walmart in the morning, I can just check the app at 7am.

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Right and it is pretty accurate

4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thankyou. I just hope it's used for good. Here in Texas people have bought all the ammo and sell for almost $1 a round. But they the app I'll get it for $0.28 a round. Gotta love walmart

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

This app shows ammo I don't think a local Wal-Mart has, so I will check again in the morning and go to that Wal-Mart.

It also shows a Wal-Mart down the road twenty miles having 22 ammo in stock. Doubt that, but I will check it out.

6. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Cool. It works but the only Ann I need is 22 and it is all out of stock. I have enough (according to the wife) of everything else.

7. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

What makes you think it is accurate? Is inventory on the app automaticaly updated as stock is put out and decremented in real time, or will you show up and see what is supposed to be out has been sold or is in someone's shopping cart which seems to take a coupla hours if not a few minutes!?

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Jeeze- The man is just supplying us with another tool to help out-
    Why piss on it :confused:

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I would like to think so, it hasn't let me down yet

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thanks, some folks just can't be happy

11. AR10

AR10 New Member

One store showed .22 as well as .223. I called the store, and they did have .223, but no .22

No system of inventory is perfect, but this is one great tool to help out people looking for ammo.

Thanks very much for posting this!

12. rcu316

rcu316 New Member

It's not worth a crap for me. It's showed ammo at 3 Walmarts around me and I have yet to find any. I even question them on it when I go as it shows its in stock. They can't ever find it. Whiz on Walmart.

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Sig just gave another suggestion for finding ammo. if it works fine, if not, then so be it. he's just trying to help others out in these hard times of an ammo shortage. cut the guy some slack.

14. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

That's why I asked. Because this may not actually be a very useful tool. I'll use animal metaphors for y'all. In fact, this secret tool may be a red herring. As useful as t*t* on a bull. Lead you on a wild goose chase. Is that a little better? Oh, I know 'apps' are the latest fad and everything on the internet and in the cloud always offer adequate if not perfect results, but...

:rolleyes:

People really have a problem with inquiring minds, eh? I guess because there are basic questions y'all didn't think of and can't answer, not even the OP. "I'd like to think so." That's your "secret"? Seriously!? Yeah.

Dick And Jane should remember to measure twice and cut once.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  15. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I have not used the app with walmart but THANK YOU for the tip! It is certainly more helpful than the random call or stop and see. I have stock times for my local walmart and still have only had marginal success. If it saves me a few bucks in gas and some time...I will take it!

16. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

If it isn't necessarily accurate and you rely on it how is it "more helpful"? Sounds like you'll have to call anyway. And be right there physically given how quickly stuff flys off of the shelf.

Angry Birds works.

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    [​IMG]

18. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

We think the Walmart employees are buying it before it hits the shelves by us.......or so it seems.

19. clearsights

clearsights New Member

Just to answer your question, Matt, it is pretty darn accurate. Now it won't tell you that I've got the ammo in my cart and have stopped to look at panties, but it is pretty accurate. It looks like it updates once they scan the box to fill the shelves. A friend of mine was doing the same thing as the app from WalMart's website. I've used the website the same once I found out what time their sporting goods was worked each day. I'm not a huge fan of getting ammo from them because I've a few other places I'd rather support, but getting ammo is-what-it-is as of late. So, take advantage of the ops advice if you wish.

20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Same crossed my mind here too---
    And/or alerting friends when to show up-