Need advise please

Discussion in 'Ohio Gun Forum' started by caddylady10, Oct 17, 2012.

1. caddylady10

caddylady10 New Member

Hi, I'm interested in getting my FTL, I would like to know if someone could give me some advise on how to be prepared for FFL interview and what I need to do before hand, to make sure I will be ready for that interview. Thank you for reading. P.S I will run these sales out of my house and from mag sales

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If you read through, you can see where other folks have been through this process- look over in the FFL topic.

In order to obtain a DEALER'S 01 Federal Firearms License, first you must intend to "engage in the business" of buying and selling (or repairing) guns for a livelihood.

You must also be in compliance with state and local laws that regulate that. One of the BIG hurdles for a home based FFL may be zoning. If your zoning does not permit a business to be run out of your house, you can stop right there. You will also need business license, etc.

You will also need to designate a physical premises, and designate hours of operation. By appointment only will generally not be acceptable. You will need secure storage for firearms (can be a door with a lock, and lockable cabinet, etc)

Read through the posting from folks that have already done this, and get back to us with any question.

And I am assuming you mean a dealer's license. If you mean a Collector's FFL, or something else, let us know that too.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

4. caddylady10

caddylady10 New Member

Thank you both for the help :)