Need advice

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by singleshot, Sep 6, 2009.

1. singleshot

singleshot New Member

I am new to semi-auto pistols.

I just bought a Springfield XD40 and after some research I understand the difference (now) between a XD and a XDM. The XDM was around $100 higher in price and I decided to buy the XD. I am having second thoughts now about "should I have bought the XDM", is it that much better?

Your thoughts..

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

The XD is a fine pistol, shoot it and you'll like it. There is no "best" of anything, it boils down to what works for you. I have 2 XD's and they are my only plastic pistols and I like them just fine. The XDM supposedly has a match grade barrel and a few other tweaks - only you can decide if this is worth the extra money...

3. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

I suppose that you have to be able to determine through use when that extra $100.00 kicks in. I've put at least 50 rounds per week, and up to 200 through my XD9 over the past year and have had exactly one FTF with a deeply dimpled primer, and one stovepipe after not cleaning it for a month or more. As CSNY said, "Love the one you're with". You have a great firearm.

4. singleshot

singleshot New Member

Thanks fellows, I have fired 35 rounds and have sent my application in for my CCW. I am very pleased with the performance of my XD40.