Need advice on carrying my firearm. thanks

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by nick64cap, Jun 21, 2011.

1. nick64cap

nick64cap New Member

Hello everyone new to this site, looking for advice. I'm 19 year of age and I own a colt .22 LR m4. I currently live in PA and I'm doing a road trip by myself to go to FL. Since I'm going to be own my own I would like to carry my weapon system. From what I've been able to research as long as I have my weapon in a case (can I use a gun bag?) not readily accessible to the driver. Also the mags(can they be loaded?) and ammo must be in a separate lockable case(if I have them in a hand gun case, that's locked, can I put it in the gun bag?). any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. nick64cap

nick64cap New Member

Also, can I leave my attachments on my weapon system while traveling with it?

3. nick64cap

nick64cap New Member

just realized I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry

4. bontrager92fs

bontrager92fs New Member

Dont worry nick. Got you covered. Listen. Im good friends with lots of officers, before I had my CCW i always asked them sometimes twice what the rules were to carrying in your vehicle. If you had a CCW in PA it would be recognized here but your not 21.

First off, It must be a 3-step system from you. Meaning it must take 3 steps for you to grab your firearm and load one in the chamber There must not be a round in the chamber at all times. loaded magazines are ok. and ok to have in the weapon.

ex: your pistol is in your center console holstered with holster locked. to open the console = 1 step. to grab the pistol in holster= step 3 unlock holster= step 3 chamber a round = step 4. youve already completed the 3 step process by unlocking the holster. your in the clear. you're attachments are fine unless its a suppressor.

5. bontrager92fs

bontrager92fs New Member

sorry typo there. "to grab pistol in holster step 2"

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

And what kind of pistol is a Colt M4?:rolleyes:

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

That would be a big-assed holster!! :eek:

[​IMG]

8. bontrager92fs

bontrager92fs New Member

was only using the pistol as an ex.

9. utf59

utf59 New Member

Nick, you'll need to check laws state by state — they're all different.

10. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

I have to agree with utf59, check all the laws in the different states and counties you are going to travel through. It would be a crying shame to get in to trouble because you checked the state laws and a little county had a different law that was more strict then the state law.

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Join the NRA and get their book on traveling with firearms.

As others have said, each state has their own laws. And you are responsible to obey them.

And make sure you have proof that you are the owner of the firearm. Even if you have a letter from a parent, as long as you are under 21.

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

What is soley needed is uniformity for all states across the board. Period.

13. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

The NRA has alot of great information for people that are willing to learn what it take to carry a firearm.
    Knowledge is power. Use it wisely.

14. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Couldn't agree more!

15. Phelenwolf

Phelenwolf New Member

Amen to that and pass the ammunition!!