Need advice-- fast!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by txpossum, Jun 26, 2013.

1. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I was talking to a buddy of mine in Fort Worth. Somebody offered him a 30-06 today for $300. From the description it sounds like a Interarms Mark X with a Redfield scope. I told him. I might be interested in it, so my buddy's going to check it out further tomorrow. If it is a Mark X, deal or no deal?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

That is an $800 gun without the scope!

3. txpossum

txpossum New Member

He said it had nice wood on it, and the only name he saw was "Interarms". It sounded like a Mark X, but I've never owned one, and haven't seen one in years. They used to be modert priced, but I thought $300 was a good deal these days. Doug said he'd pick it up for me and hold it till my next trip to Texas .

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Txpossum, if it's an Interarms Mark X, IMO yes it's worth $300. i'd give that in a heartbeat. IIRC, Interarms was an importer and those Mark X rifles were Mauser sporter rifles. the ones i remember were some really nice rifles.

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Interarms Musketeer II made on Mauser actions were nice rifles.:)

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Add a vintage Redfield, great set up. If the Scope is Colorado made, it is a great deal. Good call without the scope!

7. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Well, hopefully thing will work out tomorrow, andI'll have a new rifle.

8. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Start - The - Car :eek:

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

we'd like to see some pictures if you do!:D

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The demise of the Redfield Co. of Denver was a real loss. The long labor union strike of 1973 and the later environmental damage claims was grievous. The Brown Shoe Co. later sold Redfield to Talon Zipper who divested it to their President.
    I knew these owners and hoped it would make a come back. I tested one of the first "Gold Star" scopes for them. The weight of the labor union and the ant-gun movement was just too much. :(