Need a suggestion from experienced builders!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Broke124, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Okay, its that time again. I'm going to be building another AR. Only this time I wanna do one in .300 blk. It's gonna be a throw around, out in the woods, truck bed, four wheeler kind of weapon. That being said, I only have experience with DD products so I hope I'm not spoiled already. So anyways, I'm looking for suggestions on good, RELIABLE, quality uppers in said caliber that won't be quite as expensive as the $1000 DD I bought last time. Will probably shoot around 2000 rnds per year. I would like to be able to be rough with this weapon without fear of failure....so I would like to know which name you boys would trust with that...all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

PSA is making a 300 BLK.

3. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

4. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

That's a good suggestion and what not, but being that to get it in hand would be close to $900, I would just assume get a Daniel Defense for $1000 and have total piece of mind. That's my predicament you see? Lol. I'm spoiled on perfection guaranteed.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I and many others have had excellent service out of the PSA uppers . Dont let their cheaper prices fool you , your getting a excellent product . I havent had any experience with their 300 BLK but I have heard nothing but good so far with them .
    If your looking for a inexpensive build thats where I would go if you just have a wad of cash to blow then stick with the DD

6. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Heard....

7. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Anyone ever used an upper from spikes? Good rugged quality or no?

8. mta59628

mta59628 New Member

Also try DS Arms uppers. Everything I've heard they're of good quality

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Heard about the 300 blk yes , I have a couple of their 5.56 uppers and they run what ever you cram in them

10. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

Not an upper, but a whole rifle. :D

Yeah, Spike's puts out a good product.

-Fred

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Broke, I had a Spikes and really liked it.

Mta, DS Arms makes good FALs but are not know for putting together quality ARs.

12. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Mj what would you do.? DD or PSA or Spikes? You helped me along last time. Whaddabout now? I don't want another $2200 DD tricked out slaughter rod, but I want something I can get dirty, literally throw around, and she'll want more...suggestions? If DD is all that will do it, then that's fine. Just wanting to know what my options are...

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

BCM lightweight 16", 13" Troy or Samson tube. It works for me quite well.

14. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Mid or carbine?

15. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Any input on where to look for the deal...?

16. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Midlength directly from BCM.

17. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

I guess imma have to call em, cause I can't find anything anywhere about a .300 blackout upper made by BCM.

18. X-mark

X-mark New Member

If you are interested, I have this AAC upper with KAC URX Rail for a sub $1000 300BLK:

[​IMG]

I also have a couple 16" CMMG 300BLK with Stainless Steel Barrel and FSB coming soon (Pricing to be determined, but definitely sub 1k)

If you want to splurge, I have a 14.5" Noveske with pinned AAC Blackout Flash Hider and Stainless Barrel @ $1325

[​IMG]

Otherwise, any of the brands mentioned in this thread by others should do just fine.

another option is to use the Templar Custom FastRail, which will allow you to swap between 5.56 and 300 BLK with a quick barrel swap.

[​IMG]

Both barrels will need to use low-profile gas blocks and the proprietary barrel nuts (one is included with the rail).

Money saver tip: look at my signature below

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  19. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Sorry my mistake. I forgot you were wanting a .300 BLK. BCM doesn't make one. PSA has a nice sub $500 upper.

The uppers listed above are really nice but definitely on the upper end of the price scale.

I would rather have two seperate uppers or rifles than use the Templer Rail. Ive watched the install video and IMO it seems slow. Faster than installing a barrel on a receiver the old fashion way but much slower then popping 2 pins.

20. Broke124

Broke124 New Member

Why do you not have it anymore ?