Need A Skeleton Trigger & Barrel

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by ryevick, Oct 17, 2012.

1. ryevick

ryevick Member

I bought the Sig TacOps 45 Threaded but I want to buy a skeleton trigger like the normal TacOps 45... I haven't received it yet but I'm assuming they haven't upgraded the trigger and want to find one but I haven't been able to. Suggestions? I also want a barrel that's not threaded like the one shown in the normal one listed above (love that bevel), is there a Sig parts store I'm not aware of? Lastly I want some quality 1911 mags for it... I've heard the factory ones aren't that great. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Can't opine on a SIG store I will subscribe to this tread and see if someone knows of one. But what I can opine on are the SIG 1911 mags. They are actually quite good. I shot my SIG 1911 for the first time this week. I was naturally impressed, but so was a friend I was shorting with. Commented on the quality of the mags as well. And he was shooting his Wilson Combat 1911. So I'll take that as a confirmation of my thought that the mags are very good quality.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Finding a decent trigger shouldn't be a big deal. Same with the barrel. Order a bushing & link too.
    They will require some degree of fitting. You would be well served talking to a smith who is familiar with 1911s before you get into the barrel swap. A barrel swap, done correctly, is no small thing.

Worth a look as well: http://www.amazon.com/The-Colt-45-automatic-manual/dp/B0006EVYAU

Brownells is where I'd start. Wilson Combat and Ed brown sell parts as well. There's no lack of sources for 1911 parts, google away.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...psize=48&r_o=8&avs|Special Filters_1=In Stock
    http://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...psize=48&r_o=8&avs|Special Filters_1=In Stock

Mags? Wilsons work great for me. Tripp Research are reputedly even better.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'm confused. Why buy the threaded barrel model if you didn't want a threaded barrel? Pretty sure you paid extra for that! And now you're wanting to spend more for a non-threaded barrel?

5. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

6. ryevick

ryevick Member

oh no, i want the threaded barrel but it would be nice to have a non threaded as well just as an option.

7. ryevick

ryevick Member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

^^^^ Needs an Osprey suppressor to be complete. :D

9. ryevick

ryevick Member

it's getting one ;)

10. ryevick

ryevick Member

and a laser/light when i can find one i like

11. tacticalfun

Nooooo dont do it. Sig gives em for free if you dl the form

ForumRunner_20121020_171229.jpg

And thats the only time its been on anything. Blehh

12. ryevick

ryevick Member

What?!? No idea what you are referring to. More info please!

13. tacticalfun

Call them tomorow...with proof of purchase you get a compact laser.

14. ryevick

ryevick Member

is that a limited time offer? i actually have it on layaway but would go ahead and pay it off if that isn't a standing offer.

15. ryevick

ryevick Member

even if it's not what i end up using... if it's free...

16. tacticalfun

It works well enough.

17. ryevick

ryevick Member

have they always had that offer.... is it for a limited time?

18. tacticalfun

Its til the end of the month i think. It comes up every few months

19. ryevick

ryevick Member

I have looked everywhere for this offer you were talking about I can't find anything as far as a download form or a special offer on Sig site, could you please provide more information and a link to that promo or the form, thx.