Need a gun

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by fifty13, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fifty13

fifty13 New Member

From California just Got Robbed At Gun Point Last night So Im In need Of A Fire Arm Thats Not Going To Take Me Months To Get plz Help Im In California

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

You won't find one here, I suggest you try a gunshop in California. Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your robbery. It is my understanding that Cali is fairly particular about which firearms you are allowed to own/keep in Cali. I'm sure one of the Cali members will be by with a link to the list of DOJ-approved firearms available for your purchase, online or at a local Cali gun store.

I do wonder though, were you robbed in your home, or will you be looking for a firearm that you can carry on your person? This would require you to get a permit to carry a concealed firearm, which could take a lil time & some training.

If you are talking about a firearm for home defense & to be kept at your home, i really find my Mossberg 500 pump shotgun very comforting in that role. This firearm can also be used for shooting trap or for hunting, should you have interest in that. I do not live in Cali, though, and am not 100% sure that you could purchase a Mossy500 or more likely whether or not you could equip it with a shorter barrel for home defense (18.5" is limit i think). In MS, where i live, shotguns are simple to purchase at your local sporting goods store, as is ammunition for them.

Good luck to you. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I'm sure you're not suggesting that any of us will help you circumvent the law. If that's what you think, you've come to the wrong place...

5. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Probably a Bloomberg plant. If real, sorry for your introduction to the joys of an unfree state.

No reason for anyone in California to post here asking for help when there are plenty of resources in that benighted state to help a legitimate citizen protect himself. Maybe we should lock this thread....

6. Nihilist88

Nihilist88 New Member

I think they may be able to have mossbergs there. I think California has a standing gun law on things like certain assault weapons. For instance on some gun sites when they are selling(e.g. Gunbroker, Atlantic firearms, etc.) they have California/New York okay guns. I think the Mossberg would be fine because it is considered a hunting weapon. But, I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.