Need a good holster for my XDM9 Compact

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by MiguelAngel, May 17, 2012.

1. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Hello guys!! I'm looking for a good holster for my XDM9 Compact. I currently have a Uncle Mikes Holster... I love it!! Fits good,feels great,but I have a huge problem with it. The front sight, each time I pull it out it tore the inside material. So each time I pull it out, the front sight get caught on the material. Any suggestions on a similar type of holster that it won't tear up?!?!?! You know how dangerous it is if I ever need to used it. Least thing I need for the pistol to get caught in it... Here's a picture of it. Thank You!!

ForumRunner_20120517_081804.jpg

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You probably want leather or kydex. Probably leather for comfort.

3. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Can I only purchase these online?

4. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Here is how it looks from the inside. Drives me crazy!!!

ForumRunner_20120517_082513.jpg

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Your lgs probably has a big box of leather holsters. Atleast they usually do in my area. I usually prefer to test run a holster when I can.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah that sucks. Being as cheap as I am I would try to patch that area with something a little more robust and less "grabby" first.

7. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Most of these places outhere don't have any.. Im going to look online for a Kydex to see how they look. Shoot,I wanted to duct tape it..But I would hate to have sticky residue on my baby... lol

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

We have a few guys one here that make nice leather holster if you decide to go that route. Not sure what they charge.

9. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

who are they?

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I forget. There are a few. Just start a thread like "who here makes holsters?" Or something. They will pop up.

11. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

No problem. Glad to help

12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

MtnMan 13 nice to see someone recomend a "Leather" holster. Holsters made from black rags just don't appeal to me.:D

13. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I use leather for the most part. If I was gonna go plastic I would want one of the push through holsters. (forget what country's spec-ops uses them) but I've always wanted one. It's a drop leg rig where you carry without one in the chamber. You grab the grip and push the gun down through the holster and it racks the slide for you while you draw.
    Anyone remember who uses/makes them?

14. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

I wanted a leather holster for it,But bought the cheapo one for the meanwhile. But trust me,leather is all I've been thinking. It just so hard to get them outhere. Especially for my XDM. If they get them they run out,especially Wisconsin in Wisconsin passing the ccw law. I just want to get the leather fitted for it....

15. GLOCKMASTER

GLOCKMASTER New Member

Have you looked at N82Tatical.com? There Professional model is the best IMO.

16. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I love my N82 IWB holster!! Very well made holster.

17. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

just checked the website out. Thanks found exactly the one I wanted.

18. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Hey Miguel!! The reason why I went with N82. I emailed one of the Nates at 10 pm on a Sunday and he emailed me back that same night with a answer to my question!!! I love the holster and the service!!

19. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

It looks very well made. Heavy duty.