Need a Garand receiver.

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Cpt-Hotpants, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

I found an M1 Garand in my grandpa's closet a few years back. He passed away so me and my dad went through his stuff because grandma wanted the guns out and we found it. The thing is it was a Century rebuild with a cast receiver, and poly on the stock. Ive already gotten the stock back to normal, not i just need a receiver and the rest should be a cake walk.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Some of the importers may have what you want. Century Arms of Florida, Centerfiresystems.co, Southern Ohio Guns.
    Good luck.

3. Highpower

Highpower New Member

4. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

I can't do CMP. I don't belong to any of the stuff neccessary to qualify.

But i have checked out their stuff and it looks good.

I'll have to ask the local gunshop to do a little diggin with some of the importers to see what they have.

5. Pounce

Pounce Member

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

No C&R? No concealed license? Ever shoot in a competition? Military service? There's more than one way to buy from the CMP....

7. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

With one weekend of effort you can meet the CMP requirements. Shoot an IDPA match and that will meet the competition requirement. If you were born in the U.S. you have a birth certificate. You can join the M1 Garand Association for $25 when you buy the rifle. A month from now you could have the gun in your hand with a little effort.

8. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

Nope, nope, nope, and nope. Well it is gonna take me a while to scrape the funds together, so i guess adding another 25 to join the M1 garand association wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for some good info guys.

9. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Yeah, I guess you could go that route too. ;)

Hey, shouldn't purchasing from the CMP be a benefit of "Supporting Member" status????? :D

10. Cpt-Hotpants

Cpt-Hotpants New Member

I think what im actually gonna do is put the money i would spend on a receiver and the work, and just put it towards a service grade rifle.

11. ScottG

ScottG New Member

That would be the easiest and best way I think. Good luck. I love mine....