Need A Flashlight For My Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by ryevick, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ryevick

ryevick Member

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Have you checked out the sunwayman t20 series?

3. ryevick

ryevick Member

I just did, thanks! They do look cool but I've never done the rail/tactical thing before and I don't have the shotgun yet. How do I know if a flashlight is "mountable" on a rail?

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's all about the mounts and where the button is positioned really. Their flashlights are well designed for all tactical purposes. I believe there is a review on YouTube if you want to really see how insane the light is. I have one and love it.
    If you're looking for more of a standard mounted use flashlight you might find something on opticsplanet.com

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Check out Solarforce L2 or the L2m

6. ryevick

ryevick Member

Well I looked up your suggestion too, also nice. I found it listed here on ebay... it's out of China but China quality has really stepped up over the last few years (I hate to say) but I'm wondering if I should go for it. Other tactical mount lights are at least $60 and up.... for a flashlight!!!

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have two of them, the L2 and the L2m,i have the L2m on my AR.they are extremely bright "350 lumen" and have a very tight light pattern. Ive been really happy with them. If you decide to go with one pm me and i can give you more info depending on which one you get.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

You beat me to it. I put a Solarforce on my Mossberg and saved the more expensive Fenix for handheld applications.

Understand that the mounts (aluminum picatinny mount on the mag tube from GG&G, picatinny light mount from the Fenix website) might cost more than the flashlight! They did for me, by about twice.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have 2 surefires and 2 streamlight stingers, they are great lights, but my solarforce lights are brighter and just as reliable for a fraction of the cost

11. ryevick

ryevick Member

Point me to a good light, clips, etc (everything I need to put it on my rail). I am really just wanting something that's inexpensive... I don't want to dump $70 into a freakin' flashlight!!! I will ducktape a mag light to my gun first lol :p I mean the gun only cost $177 plus a $65 add-on pack.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Here is a command arms PL2 flashlight holder. Brownells has them for $17.99

http___www.brownells.com_userdocs_products_l_100009741_2.jpg

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  14. ryevick

ryevick Member

The shorter one is 350 lumens and the longer one is 850... for about the same price I'm thinking the 850 would be best.

15. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Here is what I ended up with:

[​IMG]

I bought this Magazine tube tri-rail and this Flashlight mount, which holds any 1" flashlight. I bought mine from fenixtactical.com, but the link I gave you is the same mount. The flashlight in the mount is a Solarforce L2 from amazon.com.

Good luck!

16. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If you want to keep things inexpensive you might want to check out the new Mag-lite LED lights. They have a 1" tube, over 100 Lumens, a push button tail switch, and run on 3 AAA batteries for about $30. Pick one up at Wal-Mart or Lowes.

17. MrWray

MrWray New Member

18. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

As an owner and user of the L2, I do have a major caveat. The way that the 5 modes change is by lightly pressing the button. This means that as you are using it, say on HIGH, if you accidentally tap the end cap it will pop down into MEDIUM. Then you'd have to tap it 4 more times to get it back into high. This happens to me when I want to turn it off and don't press hard enough. While it is mounted and I am using the back of my index finger knuckle, I don't always get it turned off correctly.

The Fenix and Surefire lights have their mode button in a separate location so you can have momentary on with the tailcap button.

Just a caveat emptor for you.