Need a cheap .45

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by LadyHussein07, Oct 16, 2011.

1. LadyHussein07

LadyHussein07 New Member

If anyone knows about a good cheap .45 please let me know my wife wants one for Christmas but some of the ones I have looked at are out of my price range..

Thanks..

2. Kabraxis

Kabraxis New Member

two things

1. Jump over to the intro section and tell us about yourself.

2. What is your price range your looking for? anything you want in the gun besides it being a .45?

3. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

Check into Ruger products.
    Great Bang for your Buck. Reliable guns. Lifetime warranty.

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

.45 is a caliber. Are you looking for a 1911, a polymer frame like a Glock or XD or something else?

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I bought a used Ruger P-90 at a pawn shop for $200. It was a great reliable gun.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Need a little more info about what you are looking for. Price, platform, use....

7. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

I have a Ruger p90 too. Mine as well over 5k rounds through it without a single malfunction. They are great guns, a little on the big and bulky side but for a range/fun pistol it is fantastic. You can find them used pretty cheap. Good luck with your search. Let us know what you end up getting.

8. LadyHussein07

LadyHussein07 New Member

I know .45 is a caliber I just was not being specific on an actual brand or anything... I saw an American Tactical C45.. I want something similar in appearance to it.. It has a black polymer grip with a chrome finish

9. LadyHussein07

LadyHussein07 New Member

10. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I would start looking at your local gun stores for used guns. $360 is really pinching pennies. Im not saying you cant find a great deal, but its going to take some diligence.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

11. LadyHussein07

LadyHussein07 New Member

I was just looking online and I found a American Tactical for $400 new.. Thank for all your input..

12. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc Member Supporter

13. SK2344

SK2344 New Member

I used to have this debate with a friend of mine concerning motorcycle helmets.
    He always used to say, "If you have a ten dollar head, then buy a ten dollar helmet." I believe the same goes for guns. Enjoy that cheap gun!

14. USMC_Richey

USMC_Richey New Member

For that price range I'd say to scrounge up a couple extra bucks and get an XD. A lot of the time, especially with guns, you get what you pay for.

15. NickTheGrip

NickTheGrip New Member

I have a Stoeger Cougar 8045 that I bought for $419 at bass pro shops new that I like quite a lot. I know that is a little more than you wanted to spend but BPS was probably higher than you could find it elswhere.

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If you like that one & the price is right take another look-
    I have a American Tactical '92 (9mm) & its been 100% :cool:

17. Jeff56

Jeff56 New Member

I once paid $75 for a Tokarev. It was a fantastic pistol. So much for getting what you pay for.

Personally I bought a Taurus PT-145 Mil. Pro. for $325 brand new with a lifetime warranty. That gun has performed flawlessly. It's never once had a problem feeding etc.. It's very accuracy. It holds way more ammo than it should be able to hold in such a small package and it just felt completely right to me. I had double that much to spend and I was looking for a Glock but none of them suited me because I don't like their grips. Bt the Taurus sure as heck did. I haven't regretted buying that pistol for one second. It's my every day CCW gun and I have guns that were nearly 3 times as expensive when they were new like a Sig P220. I even got an extra mag (3 counting the 2 that came with it and the extra one) because I talked the dealer into sweetening the pot a little.

There are some excellent deals on inexpensive guns. My Taurus has been perfect through 5000 rounds so I don't know how any other pistol could have been more reliable. You can't do better than perfect.

18. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

There's a positive review of the Commander sized ATI 1911 in the Nov. Swat magazine. It's in your price range and is comatible with most standard parts so worth browsing the newsstand and reading the article. It sure interests me. My main worry about the ATI is the Philippine steel used, in the past it wasn't so good but I can't say about today.

20. bountyhunter

bountyhunter New Member

I used to warn people that 99% of the romance you will enjoy in your lifetime will be from your right hand..... bear that in mind when you decide how much you want to spend on the gun that will be in it.:rolleyes: